Chapter Ten

It was nine o'clock in the morning, I had brushed my teeth, showered, and dressed up in a blue dress

It was nine o'clock in the morning, I had brushed my teeth, showered, and dressed up in a blue dress. I descended the stairs to go to the kitchen. Nikolai's cooks were busy preparing breakfast probably for Scott.

A shot of frustration ran through me, he will be staying here as long as Nikolai is in England.

He spent the entire day with me yesterday, and I came to the conclusion that I do not like him. He is annoying and he constantly belittles me for the things that I do not know.

I sighed and wandered into the kitchen. "Hey, everyone" I smiled.

They all stilled like I have told them that someone had died. And then without replying to me or acknowledging me they went back to work. Then the head cook turned to me and smiled politely.

"What would you like to have for breakfast?"

"Um, do you have Cheerios?"

"Churros?"

I shook my head. "No, cheerios, the cereal"

They all gave each other another look, the same look they gave each other when I asked for a bag of potato chips.

"I'll send someone to get it"

I nodded and went to the living room to watch TV, I flicked through the channels to find something to watch. I sat down on the couch and folded my legs underneath myself.

"Good morning, sweet cheeks" Scott's annoying voice boomed throughout the room.

"Ugh!" I groaned annoyedly as he strolled into the living room like he owned the place.

He slumped beside me on the couch and yanked the TV remote out of my hand.

"Hey!" I yelled out.

I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest. I watched as he put on some action movie, I eyed the remote that was resting beside him but when saw me eyeing it, he tucked it underneath his thigh.

Can this guy get any more annoying?

A second later, a maid entered the living room with a tray full of breakfast for him and a bowl of cheerios for me. We ate in peace as the people in the movie shot each other to death and every time a character died or got shot Scott would laugh out loud as if it was the funniest thing ever.

He was weird.

I flinched every time blood covered the screen, violence was so not my thing because all I could remember was my home filled with blood. My dad always bought cute family comedies and animated movies for me. They were relaxing to watch and at the end of the day, you will feel good about the happily ever after.

I smiled to myself as my mind drifted back to what Nikolai told me yesterday, soon I will go to college. After my parent's death now at least I had something to look forward to, it would be like a dream come true.