Chapter 4: Beginning of Something New

Ever since that day, Izuku has been training harder than ever before. He would go to a workout center to lift weights. He used their kitchen knife to learn how to fight with a knife. He even went to an alleyway and was lucky to find a katana that looked brand new. "This could come in handy." Every morning around 5, he would go on a five mile run and back to the house, take a shower, and get ready for school. One day Izuku went on a run and saw stacks of trash on the beach. He went down to take a look at everything and saw a lot of trash that needed to be put up. "I can use this area to train my upper body strength." He ran back home to be greeted with Aizawa and Shinso getting ready to leave. "Oh! It's you who saved me from that boulder," Shinso said. Izuku didn't say anything and looked at his father who was obviously trying to avoid him. Izuku sighed and walked between the two to get into the house. "Hey! You can't just c-" "Shinso, forget it...Let's just go," Aziawa said as he walked towards the car. Shinso was confused why his father would let him go in without even asking to. Better yet, let him go inside with any of us home. Shinso shook it off and went into the car and rode to the school.

Izuku walked to school with his usual backpack and his mask. He entered the classroom and was teased and made fun of as usual. Izuku walked to his chair and lauded his head down on the desk when the teacher came into the room. "Alright everyone! Settle down! We have a new student!" Everyone went silent and a girl walked into the room. Everyone was surprised at how gorgeous she was and was awed. Izuku was intrigued by everyone whispering in a good way. He looked up and his eyes widened. It was the girl who's father died in the attack. She turned around towards everyone and bowed. "Hello everyone, my name is Mei Hatsume." All of the guys started to blush except Katsuki and Izuku. "You can pi-" "omg, hey Izuku!" Mei said as she looked at him. Everyone looked at Izuku with shock, their facial expressions saying the same thing. "This pretty girl knows this freak?" Izuku looked to his side and slowly sank into his chair. "Great..just great." The teacher didn't pay any mind to it so he said "you can sit behind him if you want." Without any hesitation, Mei went to the empty space behind him and sat there with a big smile on his face.

The day went by slowly for Izuku. Throughout the day, Mei has been talking to him with every chance she has. Usually, when people go to him they are making fun of him and hurting him. Having someone else his age come and talk to him makes him feel a little happy. The end of the day finally came and he walked outside with Mei. "This school is amazing! I wish I knew about this school before!" Mei said. "Yeah it sure is amazing," Izuku said with a sarcastic tone. Mei caught on his tone and looked at Izuku. "What's wrong?" "Nothing it's just...." Mei stopped walking and looked at Izuku. She grabbed Izuku's sleeve and tugged on it a bit while looking down. "You can tell me..." Izuku looked at Mei and his face started to heat up. He felt a blush forming on his face, so he turned away from her and replied. "I have been bullied here countless of times here because I am 'quirkless.'" "Why do they think you are quirkless?" Mei asked. "I told the two people I thought were my best friends that I have a dormant quirk. I asked the doctor to see if my quirk can level up to at least a three, but there was no use. Even though my quirk is dormant, it basically means I am quirkless," Izuku replied. "Oh...I'm sorry," Mei said. "Don't be...You had nothing to do with it. I'll see you tomorrow," Izuku said. "Wait, can you walk me home?" Mei asked. "Umm....sure, where do you live?" Izuku asked. "I live on ******" Mei replied. "Wiat, you live with Midnight?" Izuku asked. "Yeah I do...how did you know?" Mei asked. "She is my aunt, but not by blood. She takes care of me when my father is too focused on his new son," Izuku replied. "Cool, then we can go ahead and go," Mei said. "Or I can drive you guys home." The two looked forward to seeing Midnight standing in front of them with a light blue squirt, blue jordans, and a white shirt. "Oh hey," Izuku said. "Hello Izuku. I can take you guys home, and Izuku I told your father that you will be with me for a while," Midnight said. "Why is that?" Izuku asked. " There are some things we need to speak about and we are going to go to the doctor's office to get your check up to confirm it," Midnight replied. "Check up for what?" Izuku asked. "About your quirk of course," Midnight replied. "Wait, I thought your quirk is dormant," Mei said. "That is why I don't see the point in doing that," Izuku said. You will see sooner or later," Midnight said.