Old Friends

After getting off the train, all the tributes where taken to get cleaned up which can take time to be up to the Capitol standards. Since all the tributes get there at the same time, it was all being broadcasted to the people who couldn't make it. It makes Esmeralda sick to her stomach to see these people cheering and wishing to find a new favorite that they can see make it to the end.

Esmeralda told Peeta and Katniss not to worry about what was going to happen next that they would be perfectly fine, that everything was going to be different but its better for them to not resist since most of the time from here on out things are going to be broadcasted around Panem.

Soon after watching them be taken in to the building, Esmeralda walked in herself, not knowing where Haymitch was. Usually when things are being broadcasted she keeps her distance from him because any chance the Capitol, more like Snow, can see she cares about another person, she knows that he could be taken away from her too.

Once in the build there are also ton of Capitol residents inside, she smiles and waved hoping they would clear out soon. Out of nowhere everyone starts cheering louder, Esmeralda turns around to see none other than Finnick Odair walking her way.

"Hey Es, I miss my thunder stealer" he said with his famous charming smile.

"No one could ever steal the thunder of Finnick Odair" she said trying to hide a smile.

"You're right, so can I get a hug?" Finnick asked in a playful yet calming way.

"Finnick, there are people and cameras everywhere" Esmeralda said with a worried tone.

"Come on thunder stealer, I told you this before I can always hold my own, plus you might be the flame but I'm the face and no one is going to hurt this" he smiled.

"Fine Nick but I warned you" she said seriously knowing that Finnick understands her worry. He opened his arms and so did she. Once they met in the middle everyone started cheering, but Esmeralda zoned them out because in Finnick's arms is where she feels safe.

After being crowned the Victor of the 66th Hunger Games, everyone from the Capitol was cheering for they had just seen the second youngest person win the Hunger Games at the age of 15. For just the year before the youngest person to ever win the Hunger Games was Finnick Odair at the 65th Hunger Games, winning at age 14. When doing the Victor's Tour, she solum and to herself, didn't want to see anyone aside from the obligation that she had to. Once they reached District 4, she knew that she was going to come face to face with Finnick. She knew that they were the same age but she wondered, even though being from a Career district, if he shared the same fear, anger, and anxiousness as her.

As soon as she stepped off the train she was meet with the smell of water, the Peacekeepers quickly got her to the Justice Building where all the pervious Victor's were already waiting for her arrival. She said a quick hello to everyone and then made her way to the microphone to give the speech that Effie gave her.

After her time on the built stage was over, she had some time to roam around, with a peacekeeper keeping an eye on her of course, District 4 had beauty in the waves from the ocean. As she was starting to walk back to the Justice Building someone caught up with her.

"Hey thunder stealer" she heard come from a young blonde teenage boy who started walking with her.

"Umm hi umm I'm Es-"

"Yes I know who you are thunder stealer, the second youngest to ever win the Hunger Games" He said.

"I'm guessing you're Finnick Odair, the youngest to EVER win the Hunger Games" Esmeralda told him putting the emphasis on EVER because she knew by his tone he wanted some kind of recognition for that title, but she didn't know why.