Never Calm

Esmeralda and Haymitch waited for Effie to come back into the penthouse the day after the interviews. And after what felt like eternity, Effie walked in with a somber look on her face.

"I'm so sorry, the games are still on" Effie said holding back tears.

"Okay I know I said I never wanted to again, but please just once" Esmeralda said walking to the bar cart in the living room. She walked back with a bottle of liquor.

"Just one shot, with the people who basically helped raised me. The parents that I needed after mine were taken from me." Esmeralda told Effie and Haymitch.

"You know I'll never say no to alcohol and for you my Essie always" Haymitch said grabbing a glass from Esmeralda.

"For you my Flame, of course" Effie said she said grabbing the other glass.

"To my mom Effie, to my dad Haymitch, my mom and dad, to all the help who helped raise me. Thank you for not giving up on me after my games both of you" Esmeralda said lifting her glass.

"To my Flame who is strong in many ways, to all my victors who can depend on each other" Effie said lifting her glass.

"To my Essie, to our team. To remembering who the real enemy is" Haymitch said lifting his glass while looking at Esmeralda.

They all took their drink and put their glasses on the table.

"Thank you," Esmeralda said talking a deep breath in, "so we should go tell Katniss and Peeta.

The three of them walked over to Katniss and Peeta's room, which caused them to separate and stand up.

"The games are still on" Esmeralda said.

"That baby bomb was a stroke of genius but nothing would stop these games" Haymitch added.

"So the four of us will be going into that arena tomorrow" Esmeralda added again.

"Gifts for the boys," Effie said handing who small boxes to Peeta and Haymitch. Effie explained that it was the something gold we had talked about. Peeta got a gold medallion and Haymitch got a gold flame bracelet that looks like Esmeraldas ring.

Effie started crying, "you all deserved so much better, my victors."

Effie walked out of the room, and Peeta said "Esmeralda Haymitch, thank you both, you have done so much for us."

"Anything for you two, I know I'm still believing in both of you two" Esmeralda said.

"Remember we are all going in there against each other but please don't forget who the real enemy is" Haymitch said once again.

That thought never leaves Esmeralda, she knows clear as day that he is talking about Snow. And nothing could ever changed her mind about that.

They all said their good nights and walked into their rooms to get one, as good as they could, nights sleep.

Esmeralda didn't want to see any one so she walked on to the plane alone and was escorted alone to the entrance of her tube to go up.

She was waiting to say her goodbye to Cinna. He had told her that he would be the last person she would talk to that was not in that arena.

The waiting became longer and longer that she was getting worried; it's the Capitol, literally anything could have happened to him.

"All tributes please enter the tubes" a game assistant announced.

Esmeralda was thrown off, nothing could have stopped Cinna from coming to see her.

Esmeralda walked into her tube, and it quickly closed behind her but nothing happened. She grew a panic, did the game start? Did something happen? Was there a malfunction? These and many more questions ran through her head that she started shaking and her panic grew.

She turned around and saw Cinna walking in. Well walking in is an exaggeration. Cinna took a step and fell to the ground. He looked up and Esmeralda who was crying and screaming "no" over and over again.

The peacekeepers came into the room and started kicking Cinna while he was down. Cinna already had blood on his face and started coughing up blood.

"CINNA! CINNA PLEASE NO! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO HIM? PLEASE STOP! NO PLEASE NO" Esmeralda cried out over and over again.

Esmeralda was screaming, crying, shaking, and panicking. She knew Snow did this, she knew this was her punishment, she knew Snow wanted everything she care about gone.

Cinna stopped moving, and the peacekeepers picked him up and carried him up while Esmeralda was crying and the tube started going up. Esmeralda was quickly blinded by the light that was coming from the arena.

She was shaking and breathing heavy. She looked around and she, as well as everyone else, was surrounded my water.

The count down started.

10...

Esmeralda looked around for anyone she knew.

9...

She thinks she saw Katniss, she looked like she was also breathing hard.

8...

"Thank goodness Finnick taught me how to swim" Esmeralda thought to herself.

7...

"I need to find Haymitch"

6...

"I need to find Peeta"

5...

"I need to find Katniss"

4...

"Get to the cornucopia"

3...

"Get to knives and a sword" she said to herself quietly.

2...

She tried to calm herself down.

1...

She got ready to swim to the closes rocks to her.

The alarm sounded loud and every single one of the victors took off swimming as fast as they could to get what they needed.

Shorter chapter but I'm trying to
update as fast and as much as I can.