Allies

Once the alarm sounded, Esmeralda took off swimming as fast as she could to the near by rocks that were near her pedestal.

She was one of the first ones to get there, but she quickly realized that Silk was behind her. She took off running as fast as she could to the Cornucopia. That's when she realized that it's in order of district.

Esmeralda made it to the Cornucopia at the same time as Katniss who was the second one there. They both quickly grabbed their weapons. Katniss shot one of the careers, Brutus, in the leg and he fell into the water.  Esmeralda had finished strapping in her knives around her body when a victor from district 5 tried to come at her with a sword, she quickly got a knife and threw it at him causing him to fall to the ground and that cannon sounded.

Katniss and Esmeralda both drew their weapons when they heard a noise behind them.

"Good thing we're allies right" Finnick said showing the bracelet that Effie gave Haymitch, causing them to lower their weapons slightly.

"Duck" Finnick said sternly and Esmeralda and Katniss listened.

Finnick threw his triton right at the district 1 male victor, Height. "Don't trust 1 and 2" Finnick said taking his triton out of the victor while the cannon sounded.

"Katniss go find Peeta and Haymitch" Esmeralda told her fellow victor, and Katniss went around the cornucopia.

"Dom went to find Mags and Annie" Finnick told Esmeralda to reassure her about Dom.

"Finnick I told you maybe" Esmeralda told Finnick.

"Well Es I told you I would protect you" Finnick said.

Esmeralda and Finnick were facing each other, and Esmeralda looked straight in his eyes and then looked to the ground and looked back up. She quickly grabbed a knife in each hand.

Finnick smiled and ducked down, a female victor from district 6, threw an axe and Esmeralda quickly dodged it and threw one of the knives at her arm stopping her from grabbing a weapon, and the second straight to her heart and the victor fell. Esmeralda didn't that the victor to feel pain for so long, so she tired to hit areas that wouldn't cause suffering.

In this moment Esmeralda realized that she had just killed two victors, she wanted to cry and scream. But she knew she can't but the shaking was slowing becoming visible.

"Es" Finnick said while coming up "Es grab what you need, Mags found Peeta and Haymitch. "

Finnick snapped Esmeralda out of her thinking, she grabbed knives and a double edged sword for herself and a sword for Haymitch. She followed Finnick around the cornucopia.

"Well the Games have begun" Caesar said to his fellow commentator.

"The usual blood bath that we see in the cornucopia did really happen this year" the commentator said.

"Yes, it seems that all these victors have their own plans for these games" Caesar said.

"Well what we do know is that Esmeralda Theo and Finnick O'dair have the first two kills of these never to be seen again games." The commentator told Caesar.

"Oh yes, my tied for first, favorite couple. But honestly I expected nothing less from the youngest Victor and the Victor with the highest kill count these games have ever seen. A power couple if you will" Caesar said with a little laugh at the end.

Esmeralda and Finnick ran around the cornucopia and saw Katniss with Mags aiming an arrow to one of the podiums.

"Peeta's over there fighting sometime" Katniss said while holding her bow up.

"Nick where Haymitch?" Esmeralda asking with a panic in her voice. He didn't hear and didn't answer because he jumped into the water to help Peeta.

She looked around and saw Dom walking over to them with Annie and Haymitch walking in that order behind him. That's when Esmeralda saw someone come behind them. Taylor, a male victor from district 1; he came up behind Haymitch and threw him on the ground, and reached Annie and pushed her into the water. Dom turned around when he heard the splash of water. He didn't expect Taylor to be standing behind him, so Taylor punched him across his face causing Dom to be thrown off balance.

Esmeralda ran up to Taylor, and kicked him behind his knees, which made him kneel down. But he grabbed her and flipped her over that she was now laying on her back with some of the wind knocked out of her. Haymitch was helping Annie out of the water, while Dom and Taylor were fighting. Dom has gained momentum against Taylor but some how Taylor was able to throw Dom into the water. Haymitch ran at Taylor tackling him down to the ground, and Esmeralda got up, and that's when Silk, the female district 1 victor, joined in fighting Annie.

Finnick and Dom were in the water and came over to her.

"Pull Haymitch and Annie into the water with you guys?"

"Essie-" Dom said at the same time as Finnick said "Es-"

"Just do it, please. It's the first time I've gone up against careers" Esmeralda told them and they nodded.

Dom pulled Annie and Finnick pulled Haymitch, leaving Taylor and Silk both coming at Esmeralda.

"What happened don't have your little boyfriend to protect you" Silk said trying to get a rise out of Esmeralda.

"Protect me from what?" Esmeralda asked and could tell that comment irritated Silk. She could feel Taylor getting close to her.

Esmeralda grabbed a knife and quickly spun around to hit Taylor in the leg. Esmeralda got her double edged sword out from the holster on her back and cut Silk in her arm.

"What is that all you got" Silk and Taylor asked at the same time as they both came running at her.

Esmeralda got her double edged sword and aimed it for Silks stomach and Taylor's heart. There was a height difference between the two so it was easier to determine where the sword needed to go. Esmeralda was able to get Silk, causing her to fall and a cannon to go off.

She pulled the sword out quickly and spun around to face Taylor, he was determined to get Esmeralda that he ran with anger at her and she threw a knife at his leg and pushed the double edged sword into him. And another cannon went off. Finnick came running up to her because he saw the look on her face. The look of panic, shock, and sadness. He knew he needed her to move from this area.

"Wow now look at that it's like a throwback to the 66th Hunger Games" Caesar said rather surprised.

"Yes Esmeralda does seem to have some signature moves." The commentator said.

"I think the double edged sword is her secret, because she carries it but it's not her first object of defense" Caesar said.

"Okay so as a tally of the moment. 6 tributes out of 48 gone," they popped a picture of Esmeralda on the screen," and 4 of them being from Esmeralda Theo, the Flame, it seems she didn't loose her edge"

The victors from district 12 and 4 ran into the rain forest, getting as far away from the Cornucopia as they could.

"Okay let's stop here for a second," Dom slowed everyone down since he was in the front.

Once they all stopped and sat for a bit, three more cannons went off back to back, and Finnick smiled.

"So you think this is funny?" Katniss asked.

"Every time one of those cannons go off it's music to my ears," he look a second and started again, "I don't care about them, I don't care about any of them"

"Good to know" Katniss says taking out a machete from her holster, giving it to Peeta.

"Okay okay, enough with the who can put annoy who contest" Haymitch said as Esmeralda handed him his sword and a holster to strap it against his back.

"What the plan?" Annie asked.

"Right now, it's not staying it one spot for too long, what's left of the Careers and the other will find us quickly" Esmeralda explained.

"Let's just keep moving" Dom suggested in a demanding tone.

Esmeralda handed Annie a small knife that she could strap against her ankle and told her "I know you don't want one but it's just in case of a nothing." And all 8 victors kept walking.