How are you?

Haymitch was sitting alone in the living room alone with scotch in his hand. Esmeralda came into the room and took the cup away from him and sitting down next to him.

"Hey" Haymitch looked up at the girl.

"Hey what? You said that the closer we get to the games you weren't going yo drink anymore. You aren't going to have alcohol in the arena" Esmeralda said looking at him seriously.

"Okay fine" he said leaning back.

"Haymitch I've been wanting to talk to you but I haven't ever seem to find the right time but I've evening wanting to ask, how are you feeling? You always check in on me and i haven't checked in on you as much as I should be doing"

"Essie it's fine"

"No Haymitch it's not, these games are extremely similar to your games, instead of tributes being pulled randomly from the group of kids in each districts it's the mentors. And I want you to know you can talk to me"

"Essie it's difficult but you know snow has a plan for each of us, he doesn't want us around anymore. I don't want to go back in there just like the rest of you guys, but pretending like I don't give a shit it is better than nothing. Because if I think about it for too long, it's like I'm back to my quarter quell and I can't do that" Haymitch sighed.

"Haymitch I'm not going to let anything happen to you in there, you know that right?" She asked making Haymitch look at her.

He nodded and responded with "as long as you know that it's the same here, I'm not letting anyone hurt my little girl in there."

"Haymitch promise me you'll keep going if anything happens to me in that arena"

"Essie please"

"No Haymitch I know you care about me but literally anyone else should come out of that arena, and you and I both know if Snow could easily get rid of someone it would be me so please, promise me?" Esmeralda grabbed on to his hand and he nodded slowly.

"Haymitch, thank you for everything, for being the parent I needed and wanted" Esmeralda said with tears forming in her eyes.

"You too Essie, thank you for being the daughter who made me realize there is still hope in this world" Haymitch hugged her.

Esmeralda was taking in more hugs now because she knew she would most likely be gone soon, the Capitol can't hurt someone with someone who is already gone.

Haymitch and Esmeralda looked at each other and smiled. They said there good nights to each other for in the morning they were going to train with everyone.

"Remember this isn't the same as last time. Each of us as a specific skill now and each of us knows what it is. We have all seen and heard of each other in one way or another or are friends, so just keep your guard up." Esmeralda explained to Katniss and Peeta.

"And you two are the newest, so they've all seen your games, they know what you can do, and remember today is about making allies" Haymitch added.

They walked into the training room and it seemed like they were the last four to come down. They looked around and saw the Careers together throwing swords and knifes at holograms, the smart ones from district 3 trying to conduct heat, the strong ones from 7 throwing axes and climbing everything.

Katniss walked over to Beetee and Wiress to show them how to conduct the heat faster. Esmeralda went to talk to Flor who was looking at a screen explaining the aerodynamics of a knife flying throw the air.

"Hey Flor,"

"Hey Esmeralda, you know the speed and height of how you throw your knives is astounding to me" she says not looking away from the screen.