Love and Hope

"Where's Essie?"

"Where's Katniss?"

Peeta and Finnick asked at the same time.

"Where's my thunder stealer?" Finnick asked to no one but yelling at everyone.

"KATNISS" Peeta yelled.

"ESMERALDA" Finnick yelled right after.

"I'm sorry Fin, I'm sorry she slipped right now of my hand. How could I let her go? How could I let little Es go?" Dom tells Finnick and then himself.

"No no the cannon hasn't gone off yet for either of them" Beetee tells everyone.

"He's right, they are somewhere in the water" Annie explains to them.

Before Finnick or Peeta could answer, Flora sees Esmeralda helping Katniss out of the water on one of the paths to the cornucopia. Finnick and Peeta take off running to them. Peeta grabs Katniss helping her up while Finnick grabs Esmeralda close to him.

"Essie I know you don't like hugs but I need to hold you close right now" Finnick says into her head practically shaking.

"It's okay Nick, I'm okay, I'm fine" Esmeralda says out of breath into his chest.

After a moment Finnick and Esmeralda look at each other and without a second thought Finnick grabs her face and pulls her in for a kiss.

He knew the arena meant the possibility of loosing everything, which is something that is not new to him, but the thought of Esmeralda being gone was the thing that truly scared him. When he heard what Dom was saying it's like a piece of him got pulled into that water, that the only thing keeping him going was gone. Finnick kissed her like he should have sooner in their lives, he kissed her like if it was their last moment, he kissed her like they weren't standing in the middle of a deadly arena with threats around them. He just held her and didn't want to let go.

They separated and just looked at each other, this moment solidified the fact that they truly love each other, that needed each other to continue on.

After a moment Johanna said "let's get what we need and get off this spinning death trap"

"So careers have a new alliance with district 5 and 8" Haymitch announced.

"I don't even know how many of them would be left" Flora added.

"Maybe 5 of them" Dom told this alliance.

Before anything more could be said, they are hear yelling, like a little girl yelling.

"PRIM" Katniss yells and runs into the jungle.

"Katniss" Esmeralda runs behind her.

"PRIM"

"Katniss, Prim's safe and at home" Esmeralda tells her as she shoots an arrow at the jabberjay.

"Jabberjays copy" Esmeralda tells her.

Then all of a sudden another jabberjay come down yelling screaming and it sounds just like Finnick. Esmeralda knows that Finnick is safe with the rest of the team, but then the screams of her father and her mother start. As well as Katniss rest of her family start screaming, Katniss said that she can hear Peeta's screams.

Katniss and Esmeralda start running towards the beach. But were stopped by a clear force field. Johanna, Beetee, Flora, and Annie yelling that it's fake and everything is going to be okay.

Esmeralda couldn't find Finnick, Haymitch, or Dom and that's when she realized the captiol had taken them and the screams she is fearing is actually theirs mixed with her parents and Effie's screams.

"Where's Finnick?" Esmeralda screamed.

"Where's Peeta?" Katniss screamed right after.

"Where's Dom?" Esmeralda yelled again.

"Where's Haymitch?" Both women screamed.

A mix of 'Where's Peeta?' and 'where's Finnick?' continued as both women cried while hearing the complete terror and fear and screams of the people they have either lost and/or care about.

Meanwhile on the other side of the force field, Peeta, Finnick, Haymitch, and Dom are screaming to the women that they are okay that that they are all right in front of them.

"KATNISS ITS OKAY IM RIGHT HERE!" Peeta hitting the force field right in front of Katniss to hopefully let her know that he is standing right there.

"ES IM HERE, IM RIGHT HERE IM NOT GOING ANY WHERE?" Finnick yelled slamming his fist on the force field wanting her to look up and see him.

"Es please, Esmeralda please I'm right here, it's okay" Finnick said while seeing her scream and cry on the ground covering her ears.

"Katniss, Katniss I'm right here for you. It's okay" Peeta said while Katniss started rocking back and forth cover her ears as well.

Both men couldn't do anything to help the women they love, they both want to hold them close and tell them that it's going to be okay, to explain to them that they are both right there for them. But they can't, these sick twisted games made sure to separate, hurt, and traumatize anyone who steps foot in the arena.

"Haymitch is just in his house, Effie is getting stylist ready, Dom is in district 4 listening to his sister talk about medicine, mom and dad are together again, Finnick is teaching kids how to fish for food, Cinna's gone" Esmeralda was repeating to herself out loud over and over and over again.

"Haymitch is just in his house, Effie is getting stylist ready, Dom is in district 4 listening to his sister talk about medicine, mom and dad are together again, Finnick is teaching kids how to fish-" was but off by something she didn't know was real for fake anymore.

"Es, I'm here. Look at me please." Finnick told her as ser continued to cry and scream.

"Finnick"

"Esmeralda, Im here it's real they were just jabberjays. Dom, Haymitch, and I were on the other side of the force field" she finally looks up with swollen eyes.

She immediately hugs him and breaks down crying again not wanting to let him go.

"It's okay, It's over. The hour is over. I got you." Finnick tells her trying to calm her down.

"You were gone, you were gone and I could hear your screams, the screams. All of the screams" Esmeralda said into Finnick's chest.

"My mom's, my dad's, Haymitch's, Effie's, Cinna's, Dom's, Paige's, and your's" Esmeralda continued.

"Hey hey hey Prim is safe and home" Peeta told Katniss as he had her in his arms, in hopes of calming down, but all she was doing.

"He's right you know? They wouldn't dare to hurt her. Esmeralda, has pretty much everyone she cares about in here but Prim- Prim is special to the capitol, if they so much as lay a finger on her, there" Johanna stops a chuckles a little "there would be riots in the damn Capitol. HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT? WHAT IF WE SET YOUR BACKYARD ON FIRE?" Johanna screaming up into the sky knowing Snow is watching.

Everyone started looking at her, "what? He can't hurt me. There's no one left that I love" and Johanna said with a sense of sadness to the end of her sentence.

"Jo-" Finnick started but was cut off my Johanna.

"I'll go get you guys some water" Johanna told them.

"I'll help" Flora and Annie said at the same time and walked off with Johanna.

"Hey my little girl let me help you up" Haymitch walked over to Esmeralda, and held her hands as she stood up.

Haymitch shocked when she hugged him, but he knew she need led it and deep down he needed it too.

"I got you" Haymitch told her softly and slowly.

"I thought I lost you, I thought that they made this game worse than it already was. I don't know what I would have done if you were gone" Esmeralda told him catching her breathe between tears.

"You could never loose me" Haymitch said and Esmeralda squeezed him tighter.