Demands and Agreements

A/N:

hi guys i just want to say thank you again for reading this story. Just before we continue, remember that some parts might be out of sequence from the book and/or the movie. It's just to go with the flow of the story.

Now I'll stop interrupting, and you can continue on with the story. Hope you guys have been enjoying the story, and continue to do so.

-multi-fandom_scorpio

Once back to District 13, Gale had disappeared for a little bit.

Katniss and Esmeralda walked into the dining hall, and found Gale waiting for them at an open table.

In the middle of eating, the tv screens in the room started glitching and then Cesar popped up on the screen. He wasn't his usual up beat self, but more of a timid and serious Cesar.

"Hello to all of Panem, we are coming to you with an important message. So if you're working, put down your work. Everyone is still in shock from what happened in the Quarter Quell, but we have two people who might be able to shed some light on what happened that day." Caesar finished his statement that the camera panned over to two all familiar faces.

Finnick and Peeta.

Esmeralda and Katniss got up from their seats and walked closer to the screens.

"Nick" Esmeralda let out a soft whisper.

"Peeta" Katniss' voice broke.

Esmeralda stopped, she just thought to herself "you're alive," and nothing else. The capitol is using them for something greater and she knows it. But right now all she can focus on is that Finnick was alive. She had little hope that he actually still was.

"Now can you two set the stage for us? Tell us what was really happening that night?" Caesar asked.

"One thing you have to understand, is that you have one wish while you are in there: to make it out alive and it's costly" Peeta started.

"It cost your life?" Caesar asked.

"I think it cost more than that," Finnick started.

"How's that? Whats more than your life?"

"To take the lives of innocent people," Finnick answered.

"so you have hold on to that wish" Peeta continued.

"That our only wish was to have them make it out" Finnick added.

"Esmeralda and Katniss?" Caesar asked trying to get them to add more.

The men looked at each other and nodded.

"It's to my understanding that both of you had separate plans to run with the women you love."

"It wasn't known to us at the time but yes, I wanted to leave, I knew it would be easier for my Es," he let out a cough, "easier for Es rather than watching every last person she cared about leave in front of her eyes." Finnick went first.

"Katniss wanted to run and we should have, I should have ran with her" Peeta added after wanting to get his point in.

"But neither of you did? Where you both caught up in Beetee's plan?" Caesar asked.

"No no no, I was just caught up in playing allies." Peeta explained.

"If allies meant keeping Es alive, that's what I had to do," Finnick told Caesar.

"But they separated us, and a lost her" Peeta added.

"We lost both of them" Finnick looked down at his hand playing with his finger. Then finger that Esmeralda usually has her ring on. Esmeralda didn't realize until now that she was playing with the same finger with no ring. Since she was taken out of the arena she has not had her ring and didn't know how to bring it up or who to talk to.