Mentor Interviews

Being on camera is something that came with being a victor, actually it came when becoming a tribute. But being a victor means being put on display. The capitol displays the mentor's watching their tributes just so to be another reason to mess with them, to make them still feel like they are playing a game. Esmeralda, however doesn't really get screen time because the Capitol doesn't want to display what she stands for: HOPE. It's the one thing that will take away fear, the Capitol knows Esmeralda will say and do anything that involves hope, and for that reason they took everything and at the time everyone away from her, but they didn't take away the people that she is know close to away, at least not yet, because it instates fear in Esmeralda. That constant fear of not knowing if the Capitol is watching, the constant fear that the Capitol will take someone else away from her, the fear that the Capitol knows of the people that she has grown close to. Because that fear that is in Esmeralda will, in the Capitol's eyes, kill the hope that she has and the hope that she will give people. So when ever she is on camera the Capitol does their hardest to make Esmeralda look like someone who just cares about love or the new found "fame" that she has, to not let the districts see that she can stand for something.

At the moment Esmeralda is in the Victor Center watching the games, as Katniss just made allies with Rue and they are planning on destroying the careers mound of food. In Esmeralda's games she knew she wanted to help anyone she could without getting attached to them because she didn't know that was going to happen to the or how she would react if anything were to happen to them or her.

After needing to get out of the building because the game makers started to break the windows in the building to get her out of there so they could see some action, Esmeralda had finally left the building. She made sure she had her knives and her double edged sword and ran while it was getting dark, as she was running from building to building she was dropped by the male tribute from district 10. He had a rope with a large rock tied at the end, which he used to pull her feet. She was about to be pulled back to him but she was able to grab one of the knives that she had on her leg and cut herself loose. She stood up quickly and saw that was about 40 feet away from her and he was getting another rope ready this time with an axe at the end. And before he could throw it; with the knife that she had used to cut her self free, she threw it straight at his head causing him to quickly fall to the ground. As she threw it she started to get teary eye as she heard the cannon go off, she knew that this is not what she wanted to use her skill for, she want to use it to help feed the people of district 12, to get them food when they themselves couldn't. Not to use it to be killing people around her age just to survive and make it home.

She started breathing heavy and was shaking as she ran, she was wiping the tears that formed from her eyes as she ran between the building when she ran into someone. She grabbed a throwing knife with her left hand and had her right hand ready on her double edged sword if she needed, before looking up to see who the person was.

"Esmeralda" the person said, with an all too familiar voice. With that she put the knife back in one of the holsters and let go of the sword.

"Rye" she said finally being able to see his face.

He stepped up to her and gave her a hug while saying, "I knew you would still be alive."

"Same here, I'm glad to see you Rye" Esmeralda said letting go of the hug.

"We can talk later but right now we are exposed, I have food in my backpack, lets get to high ground." Rye told her, and still shaking about what just happened moment's ago she forgot about what she agreed about and nodded.

They find a new building that seems to be at the edge of the arena that over sees most of the other buildings, when they finally get to the top level, Rye looks over at her.