25

kell & i sat on the beach near the shop, watching the sunset, waiting for way to bring us our smoothies.

i drew shapes in the sand.

"i hate growing up." she said, breaking the silence. "i mean, all of our dreams came true, ways in the nhl, you played in college, & we own a boutique, but i want to be little again."

"yeah." i said, still focused on the sand.

"i should probably text max back, he texted me today while we were closing."

"yeah."

she lightly slapped my arm, "are you even listening to me?"

i glanced at her, "not really."

she rolled her eyes.

"you're so lucky liv."

"why?" i asked.

"you have 4 guys who are in love with you."

"4? who? i thought it was 1!" i asked.

"jack. luke. quinn. & trevor." she counted on her fingers.

"no no no." i said.

"maybe not so much luke, but for sure quinn & trevor."

"oh no."

"and i dont think trevor will ever get over you."

"stop saying his name please."

maybe she's right. just because im over trevor, doesn't mean he's over me. that's probably why he wants to talk to me, maybe he realized he was the one who messed up, the one who screwed up. i didn't. i loved him with everything i had, i trusted him with everything i had, and i gave him everything i had and he took it all for granted.

"liv, you spent 2 weeks with jack and youve been in your head ever since, what are you thinking about?" she asked.

"jack." i smiled while looking at the sand.

"did something happen?"

"do you think something bad happened?" i asked.

"no, i think you're in love and youre too afraid to admit it." she said.

i laid my head on her shoulder and opened my mouth to tell her what my mind has been on since i got back from being with jack.

"hey 1 & 2." waylyn said, sitting down next to me, handing kell & i our smoothies.

way on my left & kell on my right.

"thanks 3." i smiled back at him.

"whats wrong livs?" he asked.

"there's something wrong?" i tried lying.

"i can see it on your face." he said back.

my phone dinged and i looked at it, seeing a text from ellen.

ellen: hey liv

ellen: since jack was with quinn & luke on his birthday & we couldn't celebrate with him, we're planning his party for the 23rd, since his friends will be in. if you are able to come i would like to make it a surprise to him. just let me know soon so we can get you a flight.

liv: aw, thank you for the invite! let me talk to my mom & sister to see what i can do to be there.

ellen: before you make your decision, trevor will be here. if you do decide to come we'll do anything we can to make it enjoyable for you

i read the texts to them, "do i go?"

"if you love jack, you'll get over trevor being there. jack will make sure you're okay too." kell said.

"go." way said. "dont put trevor in the middle of your relationship. he doesn't matter anymore. jacks great, jack loves you and if you love jack, it shouldn't matter what trevor thinks anymore."

i turned and looked at kell, "what about quinn?"

"woah, quinn? jacks brother?"

"yes!" kellyn said to way.

"im not going to be a puck bunny!" i clarified. "ask kelly about her guy."

"so kelly, whos the guy youve been texting?" way asked

"max."

i whipped my head to her, "i thought his name was trevor."

she laughed, "thats his last name."

"you suck."

i slapped her leg.

"ow."

i ignored her whine and looked at way, "you got a girl?"

"no." he chuckled.

"we need to set you up with someone!" kell said.

"i think i can find a girl on my own, i dont need my sisters helping me."

"way, dont you think time's running out? like don't you want our kids to be around the same age?" i asked.

"woah, are you & jack talking about kids already?"

"no. i am not, jack on the other hand brought it up but i shut that chat down." i said to them.

"i dont like that." way shook his head.

"and i dont like that you live in carolina."

"what do you want me to do about that?"

"i told you, request a trade. its not that hard to understand." i laughed.

"what if i dont want to live near my sisters for a little?"

"you'll be so lonely next season without me. i wont be 20 minutes away and able to go get dinner with you every week." i said.

"so ill actually have money!" he cheered.

"oh shut up!" i laughed.

my phone buzzed again.

jazzy: LA

jazzy: 🤟🏻