84

<>livs pov<>
(christmas break)

the nhl made christmas break a whole 7 days!

7 days, instead of 3, so we actually get to spend christmas with our extended family.

jack & i have invited our families to our house.

weve set a menu and sleeping arrangements for the 4 days that family will be here.

luke & his girlfriend plus quinn & his girlfriend will stay at lukes apartment. my mom in the guest bedroom, my siblings plus max in a room, jacks parents in a room, jacks grandparents in a bedroom, 4th bedroom is for cousins. aunts & uncles are at a hotel, but some are on air mattresses because they wanted to stay here.

even with a big house, we ran out of room.

i decorated and even after living here for a little over a month, it feels much more like home.

i was taking one last walk around the house, making sure everything is perfect for tomorrow when everyone gets here.

"baby, where are you going?" jack asked, taking his gaze away from the tv to look at me.

"im just making sure everything is ready."

i walked into the guest bedroom that ellen & jim will have.

i looked at the bed as jacks arms wrapped around me and he kissed me on the cheek.

"where flannel sheets too much?" i asked. "i dont want everyone to be hot."

"baby, it will be fine."

he pulled me out of the room and back to the couch.

"lay with me before my brothers get here? youve done a great job of decorating and getting the house ready and it looks so good livy, but pacing around the house when everything is perfect isnt going to be the best way to pass the time."

i nodded, "okay, yeah youre right."

we walked back to the living room where the big christmas tree is decorated and fire place has a fire going in it and were watching the noel diary movie.

i looked out the window and saw a few snowflakes falling.

i smiled at the sight.

"should i change?" i asked, referring to the leggings and a
vintage style UNC chapel hill sweatshirt.

"liv, what can i do to help calm your nerves?"

"nervous? im not nervous."

he rolled his eyes, "that nervous laugh tells me differently."

i placed my hands on his arms as we stopped in the living room.

"talk to me baby, whats got you so stressed?" he asked.

"wedding planning and family coming over for the first time and christmas isnt like what im used to."

he played with a strand of my hair, "we get to make new christmas traditions, how cool is that?"

i smiled at him, "yeah."

he pulled me onto the couch where we sat at the corner L part of the massive couch, me in between his legs.

he wrapped his arms around me, squeezing me just the right amount so i felt better.

"the house looks so good baby, thank you." he said.

"i love it." i said, looking around.

"and all our favorite people will fill our house tomorrow."

"yeah."