94

jack is heading home from his last preseason practice, his preseason games start next week, and i cant keep this secret from him any longer.

i had set the pregnancy test and onesie, that says baby hughes, on the kitchen counter and waited 15 minutes for him.

knowing he would come in through the garage and head straight to the kitchen for a drink.

i set my phone up to record and waited as i heard the garage door open and close.

"livy?" he said, opening the door.

"hey baby!" i said.

he came into view and smiled as he walked to me.

his eyes flickered to the white onesie on the counter with baby hughes on it, he stopped in his tracks with his mouth open.

"is this?" he asked, pointing to the test.

"we're gonna be parents jack."

i looked at him to see him crying as i cried as well.

he picked the test up and studied it.

"two lines." i said, my tears filling with tears.

"oh my god."

he felt the fabric of the onesie in his fingers.

"are you serious?" he asked.

"yeah!" i nodded.

"i love you." he said.

he carefully hugged me and cried into my shirt.

"i love you."

he leaned down and lifted up my shirt, "hi baby, you have no idea how loved you are."

i smiled.

he looked up at me.

"how far along?"

"im fairly certain i got pregnant our final day in switzerland so 4 weeks."

"in switzerland?" he asked.

"yeah the app that tracks my period said that was my most fertile day."

he smiled and wrapped his arms around me, i mirrored his actions and wrapped my arms and legs around him.

"baby." he said unwrapping himself from me to examine the onesie again.

he looked around and spotted my phone.

he went and picked it up then walked back over to me, pointing the camera at my stomach and then his face.

"i did that." he boosted.

he ended the video.

he picked me up off the countertop and carried me to the bedroom.

"how happy are you?" i asked, my nails scratching the back of his head.

"over the moon. happy & excited don't compare to what im feeling baby."

he set me on the counter of the bathroom.

"shower with me?" he asked and i nodded.

he turned the shower head on before walking back over to me.

he kissed me, "i love you."

"i love you too."

"i thought you wanted to wait?" he asked.

i laughed, "i did but then i didn't. i stopped taking my birth control on the third day of our honeymoon."

"what?" he asked, shocked.