65

<>jack pov<>

after dinner, we all headed to bed.

i laid down first while liv was washing her face in the bathroom.

the bathroom light flicked off and the small night light in the corner of her room turned on.

she yawned as she shuffled to the bed.

"thats my spot."

"no, i sleep closest to the door." i said.

she crawled over me and got under the covers.

i stared up at the ceiling as i pulled her to me.

i cant leave her tomorrow.

i've already been thinking about canceling on the boys trip to be with her.

"everything okay?" she asked, laying her head on my shoulder.

"no." i said, being honest with her.

she was silent for a second and i felt her swallow.

"im sorry im broken."

"youre not babe. dont say that." i said.

"i know, but i still made you have a rough day." she said.

i pulled the fabric of her shirt, well it's actually my shirt, up slightly to touch her bare hip.

"you know if its 1 bad day out of the 365 days a year with you, thats a pretty damn good year." i said.

she ran her pointer finger in soft patterns around my chest.

"whats on your mind?" she asked.

"i dont want to leave you tomorrow."

"you're going to see you family jack. i'll personally put you on the plane if i need too." she chuckled and it honestly feels good to hear that.

"im not ready to leave you."

"its a small 3 day trip home before you go vacay with the boys, im sure you'll only think about me at night." she said.

"um no, you actually never leave my mind."

she picked her head up off my shoulder and looked at me, "you're always thinking about me up there?"

"yep." i answered. "are you saying you dont think of me 24/7/365?"

"i do, i think of you all the time." she said, laying her head back down.

"naked?"

"oh get over yourself...of course i think of you naked." she laughed.

i ran my hands down my face and groaned, "i just want to make love to you all day, everyday. i want to put a child in you."

"woah." she nervously laughed.

"just being honest."

"soon baby, soon." she said, patting my chest.

"take your time, when you feel like the time is right, the time will be right." i said.

"what if we had triplets?"

"what?" i panicked.

she laughed, "im a triplet so it possibly for me to have triplets."

"please dont put that thought in my head, you got me worried now." i said and she laughed.

ill missed that laugh.

"where are you guys going again?"

"golf resort up in maine that boldy suggested." he said.

"thats right."

"you want to come with? ill get you a plane ticket, first class or maybe a pj? we can join the mile high club?" i offered.

"its on the bucket list but no."

"come on baby." i said, squeezing her hip.

"ive got things to do and you're about to only see the boys when you guys are playing eachother."

"i know, i know, i just want you with me." i sighed.

"i want you here with me too, but what are you going to do during the season? ill be here and you'll be in jersey."

"can we talk about you moving in? buying a house together?"

she nodded, "i know that we have lots of wedding planning but i've already been looking at houses." i continued.

"you have? why didn't you tell me?" she asked.

"i dont want you to think that you havr to move in immediately. your shop reopens in 10 days and i want you here to see the success of it. theres no rush to move in with me, whenever you feel that the time is right."

she hugged me tightly and kissed my chested.

wags move in with their boyfriend/husband like immediately after their third date and im not jealous of that, nor did i ever want liv to move her life to be with me. i love seeing her happy and successful and i get to see those things because of the shop.

there's something about the business side of her that so attractive. id love that if in a couple years, we open a shop in jersey, but thats a conversation for another time.

"i love you."

"i love you too." i said back.

i looked up at the ceiling, but i could tell that her breathing has changed.

"do you ever think about how me met? our story?" i asked, after a moment of silence.

"mhm." she hummed in response.

"a tiktok. a hat trick. a missed flight."

"mhm." she hummed again.

"i can go on! a yankees hat. taylor swift. michigan. peonies. a topless picture that i got ripped apart for by the boys. fans thinking that we were pregnant. flowers. an inspiring bounce back. and now here we are..." i said, playing with the ring i placed on her finger. "we're getting married baby."

she didn't respond, she's asleep but i hope she still heard what i said.

because i meant every word.