Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen
See Me Past Love

"I THINK they've betted on us." Eve told eddie as they got ready for their shift.

"Why do you think that?" Eddie asked.

"Because they always bet when it comes to relationships, I mean Hen and I have a bet in Maddie and Chimney, in when they'll admit their feelings and get together, I said a moment she said two."

Eddie nodded slowly. "I have a feeling you're plotting something."

"I was thinking, maybe we make them think we're still not together." Eve admitted. "Guarantee they've given us maybe til our next shift or by the end of the week. Also guarantee you that Buck doesn't think we'll get back together since he knows why we broke up in the first place."

"You're pretty smart." Eddie commented.

"and you're pretty." Eve cooed.

"You know complementing me like that may end up with us being late and them thinking we're back together." Eddie spoke pulling Eve into him, his hand on the small of her back.

"Well Christopher is still here so no can do cowboy." Eve pulled away with a smile.

"Cowboy?" Eddie inquired.

"You grew up in Texas." Eve stated. "Thought it suited you. Now that I think about it, you wearing a cowboy hat would be hot as hell."

Eddie laughed. "You'd look cute in one babe. Maybe we could do that next year for Halloween."

"That's a really good idea." Eve smiled walking out of their bedroom to go finish getting them and Christopher ready for their day.

"So are we pranking the team?" Eddie inquired walking into the kitchen where Eve was making Christopher's lunch.

Eve put the peanut better and jelly sandwich she just made into a bag. "It'd be fun." Eve answered.

"Alright, so I'll take Christopher to school while you go to work." Eddie planned out how they where going to do their prank.

"And don't forget to look like you're not in the best relationship of your life." Eve joked.

"Anything else?" Eddie asked.

Eve smelled her shirt. "I don't smell like you so no, we're all good."

"Great." Eddie spoke. "Ill see you at work."

"Love you." Eve smiled placing a kiss on the man's cheek. "Christopher, Zeus! Do you want to give me a hug for a good day?"

Both Christopher and Zeus came into the living room ready to embrace the blonde.

Eve bent down and wrapped her arms around both her dog and Christopher. "I hope you both have a wonderful day." She spoke pulling away. "And you stay safe." She poked Christopher's stomach.

"Bye." Christopher giggled watching eve walk out the door.

When the team arrived on their first scene of the day there where multiple cop cars and a long line of cars stopped on the free way.

And when they got there and out of the engine they saw a women standing on one of the direction signs in her bath robe and a sign hang saying 'see me Norman!'

"What's the problem?" Athena spoke through the speakers on her car. The women currently stood outside her shop talking to the frantic women while Eve, Eddie and Buck geared up in the bridge ready to lower down to Lola and get her down to ground level.