13. The Raid

December, 9th, 1960

                                                                         (Y/N)'s P.O.V

          It has been a day since my mom made that note about moving but I haven't seen her since that day. After all she is my mom so I hope she was doing okay, I don't know what I would do without her. Then I heard a knock at the door which snapped me out of my thoughts. "Why is everyone obsessed with me?" I questioned myself. I then heard pounding. "I'm coming!" I yelled. I ran to the door to see who it was- I opened the door to see a police officer. "Hello, we have a warrant to search your house." he said. "For what?" I asked. "Move aside." he said. "Woah- I don't know why you are searching my house dude...I have a reason to know." "There are illegal substances here." I looked at him worried and stepped aside.  

           In ten minutes they found the fentanyl behind the toilet. Another police officer walked up to me. "Hey how about you take a seat." he said calmly. I hesitated but took one anyway. "We would like to inform you that your mother has sadly passed away." When he said that it felt like my heart sank. "You are lying." That is all I said.  "I'm sorry Miss. (L/N) but it is true." he said softly. This can't be happening right now it felt like my heart was sinking all the way to my stomach. I stood up and started to run, I ran as fast as I could. "Miss. (L/N)!" One of the police officers yelled.

          I ran all the way to Ponyboy's house and ran right inside. "Ponyboy!" I yelled. He ran out of his room and looked at me. I ran over to him and hugged him then I started to cry. "(Y/N) what's wrong?" he asked- worried.  "I haven't seen you for like a week." "I- uh, I don't even know what is going on right now." I panicked. "Hey- hey it's okay." He just held me. Sodapop and Darry came out of their rooms, they smiled at me but then realized I was in a panic. They both walked over to me. "Sit down." Darry said. Pony let go of me and I slowly sat down on the couch behind me. "Is everything alright?" Darry asked. "I- apparently my mom died-" I started to sob. The Curtis brothers all looked at each other in distraught. "What do you mean?" they all asked at the same time. "I- I don't know." My mind was racing. Thought after thought. Ever since I met Ponyboy all these weird strange things kept happening to me day after day.

            Ponyboy sat next to me and put his arm around me. I pushed him away. "Get off of me." I said sadly. "I can't do this." I got up and started to pace. "It feels like I am going crazy!" I yelled. "Hey- it's-" "What?? Are you going to tell me it's okay?" I yelled at Ponyboy. "Ever since I fucking been hanging out with you and your little friends all these things have been happening to me!" I angrily yelled. Darry and Sodapop looked at each other and nodded their heads. "We'll give you some time so you two as grown young adults can talk." Darry said. They both walked out of the house I then looked at Ponyboy. "It's your fucking fault!" I yelled. Ponyboy looked at me perturbed. "What- what do you mean?" he asked very confused. "My fucking mother is dead! It's all your fault!" I swung back and decked him in the face. "Ow what the fuck!" he yelled and held his face. "Y/N this is not my fault that your life took a big turn out of nowhere!" he yelled. "My mother is fucking dead, I hate her- I hate you, I hate fucking life." "Hate is a very strong word." Pony said calmly. "I don't fucking care that's what I am starting to feel towards you!" I screamed. He looked at me with glossy eyes, tears were about to form. "Y/N you need help..." he said. I took a step back and inhaled. "No I don't." I said. "What are you doing right now?" he asked. I blinked for a second and looked around me. "You're taking your anger out on me for what? You should never take your anger out on a person- ever." "I wish i never met you, I wish we never got along..." "You don't mean that." he said. "Yes I do." 

           Darry walked in the house with a police officer. "I think it is time to come with me." the officer said. I scoffed and walked over to him. We both walked outside to the police car. "What now? I asked." "It's going to be a long process." he said. "You probably have to go through the system while we look for any records on who you can live with and all that, some court as well." "Court??" I questioned. "Well there was a report that you have gotten into a scuffle at school. right?" he asked. I nodded slowly and started to feel a pit in my stomach. Court? I questioned myself I have never been to court before and I don't know if it was a good feeling or not. I turned around, Darry and Sodapop both waved at me. I waved back and got in the back of the police car while the officer got in the driver side. I stared at the brothers until the cop started to drive off, I looked at them until I couldn't see them anymore. This feels like this is going to be a long life ahead of me.