𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒚 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅

Charlie Hendersons pov (caras father)

"It's been almost two to three weeks since the disappearance of cara Henderson, Charlie Henderson's daughter. She was last seen on the grounds of school going into a black SUV and has been missing ever since. Police continue to search for beloved Charlie's daughter and there are still no leads or witnesses. If you know or have seen her please don't hesitate-"

Shutting the TV off and laying back against the mattress, barely keeping my eyes open. I haven't slept in what felt like days, I was drowsy and beginning to see things like I was crazy. My head was spinning, my arms felt numb and weak. I had felt worse than I ever have in the past days and I couldn't help but cry rather than get angry or upset.

Years of absence in caras life and I couldn't even stay with her, and she's gone. Nobody has heard from her, seen her, talked to her. It's as if she disappeared from the planet of the earth and nobody cared, or it felt like they didn't care. Why couldn't I find my daughter?

There's a knock on the front door and I hurry downstairs, as hope surge through me, maybe this was something good...I prayed it was.

I open the front door and it's the detective I talked to a few days after she went missing, he's been...some sort of help so I suppose that's good.

"Hey Charlie, can I come in?" He speaks, his voice seems slower than usual.

I nod slowly and he steps in, taking in the empty pizza boxes and bottles of alcohol. My life was falling apart the longer she was gone.

Closing the door behind him, he heads towards the dining table and sits down, taking his notebook out his jacket. He's a middle aged older man, with Carmel skin and light brown eyes. His hair is cut short, faded and brown on the top of his head. He looked tired with dark bags under his eyes, the restless nights of sleep getting to him too. Maybe he was on the edge of suicide just like I was.

"I hope...your doing okay? I know, stupid question but..I'm genuinely worried" he speaks softly and I shake my head, tears welling in my eyes.

"No...but..I will be after you tell me what your gonna tell me, its good news isn't it?".

He nods, smiling weakly.

"We've got footage of her at the nightclub, dancing with someone. We're getting leads and trying to figure out who he is, it's a long process but the ending is worth it I promise" he speaks and I breath a sigh of relief, I'm thankful that their trying..I figured they would give up.

"Thank you..." My eyes begin to blur and I burst into tears, not caring how I looked anymore.

"I'm sorry-"

"I was so busy, so busy being a lawyer...I missed out on so much with her. She's grown up into a beautiful woman and I wasn't even here for most of it, I missed out on the most important parts of her life because I thought my career was more important. I miss her so much, her laugh, her smile, her face..it's like...my life is falling apart.." I break down completely, spilling everything to him. He grabs my hand and pulls me into a hug and I am grateful he isn't just sitting there letting me cry.

"We will find her, I promise. Don't beat yourself up over it, okay?."

Stepping outside was the worst mistake of my life, my whole front yard swarming with paparazzi.

"Charlie can you tell me what's happening so far with finding your daughter?".

"Were you responsible for her disappearance?."

I whirl around, the crowd going silent as I look for which asshole just asked that question.

"No, I'm not responsible for my daughters disappearance. I..chose my career over being with her and spending time with her and that was the biggest mistake I've ever made. I will regret it until the day I die and I don't need shit for it. If it comes to it I'll quit being a lawyer when we find her. She's my everything and I won't lose her, not now, not ever. So stop being so nosy and asking hurtful questions and let me.. just be please" I breath out, feeling a little satisfied knowing i let everything out.