𝑠𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑤 𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙

𝑇𝑟𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑟𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑤𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣 (𝑚𝑢𝑟𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑟 #1)

The plan had been simple, take the girl, make the girl pay, torture her or maybe just even make her life a living hell. What had shifted in the plans was I had already met her that night at the club, it didn't change much but still knowing who she was had shifted things quite drastically. I had told my brother she was this... beautiful girl who I should and could have taken home and yet... didn't. Now having her here with her temporary guardian dead and her actual father already falling apart what else was there to do?...how could I explain to my brother that I've grown somewhat fond of cara?

"What do you want to do?" John asked me later that night, sitting at the dining table.

I wasn't sure, if we let her go there's no way in hell she wouldn't rat us out. Leaving the country means we would be on the run, and I was tired of running.

"I don't... fucking know."

"What if....we...make her forget.. everything?" My brother's idea sounded dangerous, but even then I was curious.

"How?."

"I don't fucking know! We get her extremely drunk and...give her amnesia somehow?".

"You actually want to hurt her? That's a first" I blink, we had her here for barely a few months and she hasn't gotten hurt whatsoever.

"The fuck does that mean?" He glared at me and I shrugged, he knew exactly what I meant.

He's clearly taken a liking to her as well he just wouldn't admit it.

"How do we beat someone badly enough to the point where they get amnesia?".

"Car accident...shit I don't know!."

"Even after that...what happens to us?" I asked, I didn't know if I enjoyed this plan...was it worth it? Was letting cara go with a fucked up memory worth it?

"I..don't know. We..go our separate ways...I've always wanted to visit new York" john sighs and for the first time in years I actually see the kind hearted person my brother really was.

"So after all of this we just go our separate ways?.." had he really suggested that?

"Yeah...why not?".

Blinking I realize he wasn't necessarily wrong...we could go our separate ways. This had been our revenge plan and it worked perfectly. What was the point of having her here anymore?

"What if...we hire...people?" The words slip out before I can stop myself and John raises his eyebrow, questioning me silently.

"To do what?".

"..to hit and run...or just...beat her..fuck if I know okay?..I just know im tired of this-"

"Just admit it, you like her."

He shakes his head, a twinkling mischievous look in his eyes.  I knew my brother and knew he wasn't telling me the truth.

"She's alright, still hate her for stabbing me" he shakes his head.

Later that night I head into cara's little room, finding her wide awake as she reads the book, quietly humming in a ball curled up in the corner.

She sees me and sets the book down, raising her eyebrows in question.

"We...are thinking of letting you go" I tell her, she simply stares at me before bursting into laughter.

"Why would you do that? You've already fucked up my life what would I be going back to?" She shrugged and as much as she's right I'm confused as to why she isn't jumping with joy we're even considering this.

No way in hell did she deserve it.

"Do you want us to let you go?".

She stays silent, why wouldn't she tell me the truth? She really didn't even want to leave and it scared me honestly.

"No...yes. I don't fucking know...I miss my home" she sighs and I lean against the doorframe, watching her carefully.

She was such an odd person it was so different hearing the wrong answers coming out of her mouth.

"Then you'll go home."

"What's the catch?."

"..you won't remember who you are."

She blinks rapidly, her eyes widening.

"What do you mean?..."

"We'll give you a lot of alcohol...and set you free. You'll be drunk but someone will find you hopefully-"

"Hold the fuck up-"

"You either take this deal or don't cara. You can stay here with us although I dont know why you would or you can go home...and live the life you deserve."

I could see the gears turning in that pretty mind of hers and I didn't know what had came over me the past few months but I've grown fond of her. Had I liked her? Possibly. Loved her? I could if I was capable.

"When would this...happen?".

"Tomorrow, I'll be gone though so you'll be here with john."

She bites her lip and closes her eyes slowly.

"Okay....I'll take it."

Nodding I turn around so she can't see the disappointment hidden behind my eyes, I didn't want her to leave. I had no idea why we took her in the first place to be honest, but I'm glad I learned something from this. I know I would see her again, either years or months from now, I can't forget her and I know she can't forget me. No matter how hard she tries.