04 | Friends

S i m o n e

--------------------------

I finally got home around 2 PM.

We were quick to leave once we woke up, especially Ella-Rose who was scared she'd be asked to help clean up.

Yun and Nicolas were nowhere to be found, but apparently, Yun had left just an hour before us to go to the office he worked at. I didn't want to cross paths with Nicolas again, especially with so much of my memory about last night being unknown.

I didn't bother asking why my Prada boots were squeaky and damp, nor where my shirt was. We just left with our bags and jackets.

There were other people who were passed out on the couch still as we crept out the front door and into Ryu's car. We spent some time at her house before I left from there, driving myself home.

And now I was sitting at the island in the kitchen, pushing cold oatmeal around my bowl but never bringing the spoon to my lips.

Mira was helping Mother prep for dinner tonight as they were having guests over, but I wasn't planning to be here anyway.

"You look like shit," Mira commented, raising an eyebrow towards me.

I shrugged, keeping my gaze locked on my bowl. It was starting to make me nauseous looking at it. "Tell me something I don't know."

Mother didn't say anything, ignoring my presence entirely and continuing to coat the raw meat in front of her with some sauce combination. "Mira, grab me a knife."

Mira abided, placing a butcher knife on the cutting board for Mother. She looked back at me. "Where did you go?"

I scoffed, shaking my head. "As if you care."

"I don't, but if you're going to be sitting here like a homeless bum not touching your food, we might as well talk," She snarked, rolling her eyes. Mira looked somehow thinner these days, I wondered how she did it while eating still.