25 | Happiness is a butterfly

S i m o n e

S i m o n e

--------------------------

Last night was embarrassing, to say the least.

I genuinely think my embarrassment was enough to temporarily snap some sense into me.

Seriously, Simone?

Who knew I was a depressed and suicidal drunk? Oh wait, I knew that. And usually, I didn't care but having to be that in front of another person was the worst thing I'd ever experienced.

See if I had that meltdown completely alone, I'd be okay with that. But in public? With Nico finding me?

And even worse, I was still alive. Did I really plot my whole death and then finally come to terms with it just for him to magically appear and take me back to the hotel?

Maybe I wasn't ready to die if I followed him so easily. But it was hard to tell.

I'd have a moment of happiness and joy and think life was worth it and then I'd be shit on all over again.

Jesus Christ, it was a life-changing amount of embarrassment.

To emphasize this, I was so extremely humiliated that I woke up, and got ready for the day as if nothing even happened.

As I was brushing my teeth, it dawned on me that I was somewhat okay with still being alive too. I can't imagine doing all that over a man, and with no note. Why did it matter if Nicolas cared or not?

I've spent my entire life never being really desired, why did I suddenly crave his care and attention so badly that just seeing him with another girl was my tipping point?

Was I insane?

I really had lost my pride if that was what made me so frustrated last night. And I suppose being wasted didn't help.

I knew this embarrassment would last just a few hours or maybe days until the night came and with the darkness would be every memory and emotion I worked so hard to ignore during the day.