19 | High Highs to Low Lows

S i m o n e

--------------------------

Extra TW: Mentions of self-harm and other coping mechanisms, if this is triggering (which is might be) skip to Nicolas's POV at the end

--------------------------

I was nauseous, but I was also a bit proud.

I ate the soup and a bit more of the salad without immediately plotting ways to purge or work it all off.

I did eventually plan to work out extra today, and maybe take a laxative since I waited too long to purge properly, but I ultimately decided against it.

I couldn't get better if I countered all my progression with backward steps.

A fucked up part of me was also excited to recover so I could relapse and feel the initial thrill of getting smaller again.

My first time relapsing felt like a reward after months of being good for so long. It was like a release.

Not to completely ruin the depiction but it was better than having your first orgasm.

It was everything and more, I felt so proud.

Until the fog cleared and I realized what I had done, what that meant, and what I'd had to continue doing to become as sick as I was before; and more so.

It was a temporary fix but nothing else compared.

I tried other coping mechanisms, other strategies to help my mind reset and to feel that familiar high again that I got when I was hunched over my bathroom trashcan on my 18th birthday; chewing and spitting a cake I had custom-made to celebrate the end of my recovery.

The taste was amazing and knowing I wouldn't be forced to keep the calories down was even better.

I tried working out but even that was nothing if I wasn't actively restricting too.