20 | Me and Your Mama

S i m o n e

S i m o n e

--------------------------

The plan was to take the tab and go to the aquarium with Ella-Rose and Ryu as we planned earlier today after lunch with Delilah.

Ella-Rose called for the hundredth time and I finally answered, feeling oddly excited to talk to her. It had been a while.

The first thing she asked was whether or not I had any acid leftover from my little phase where I'd try anything I could get my hands on in an attempt to cope with... life.

I think ditching drugs was so easy for me after starting because the fear of overeating while high was scarier than anything else.

Regardless, I did have some, and that's when Ella-Rose gave us a rundown of her newly formulated bucket list that she needed to finish before New Year's in 2 months.

We agreed to take them together on Tuesday.

Instead, I was here, letting the tab on my tongue dissolve as Nicolas did the same next time.

It wasn't the plan, but he was getting too intrusive and boring and I partly wanted to entertain myself, being high could help with that.

The times before when I took LSD, I'd always do it while watching some cartoon that I used to enjoy when I was younger or a funny sitcom so I'd be comfortable and have a good trip. I'd never taken it around others aside from once in a club; I convinced myself everyone was me in another alternate universe and I was granted powers to communicate with them and spent the entire trip bombarding people with questions about myself that only I would know the answer to.

When they got the questions expectantly wrong I'd lose my shit. I remember the bouncer who I'd befriended told me he had to lock me in one of the offices with another security guard until the drug wore off because I was claiming everyone was part of the matrix who came here to kill me in every universe and I kept supposedly trying to fight them. Supposedly.