08 | Need 2

S i m o n e

--------------------------

I had been dreading today with the same intensity as I had been excited about it.

Father was introducing me to some connections, it was a big day, no matter how much I wanted to downplay it.

Father and Mother were the ones who helped Mira get signed when she was 15, and also helped her find a manager. So if I even slightly considered modeling, this would be the one opportunity. I had to make a good impression regardless of whether or not I made a full career out of this, because if I had a change of heart later down the road, I wouldn't be able to backtrack and say "Hey I regret starting on the wrong foot please make me famous!"

That's the thing about men specifically in the fashion industry. They were terribly petty.

At least with women in the industry, you could rely on them being 'girl's girls'. Men didn't give a fuck about you.

I fasted yesterday, wanting my body to be in the best condition for today. I needed to live up to the standards they expected, which was a standard set by Mira.

Despite the fact I had no interest in runway modeling, I was still competing with Mira. It's a given when two sisters join the same industry. Comparison is a given.

I wore a green fitted slipdress that reached halfway down my calves and different shades of pink flowers lining the square necklace. It was a rather cheap dress from some online store, but I'd seen it on Instagram and the girl made it look amazing.

When I ordered it, it didn't hug me just right so I went to get it tailored, now it looked like it was made for me.

I paired it with Gianvito Rossi white criss-cross heels and a white Jacquemus 'Le Bambimou' Shoulder Bag. It was a very relaxed outfit, and I went light on the jewelry as well.

I looked amazing, and I truly thought so too. I knew whatever friend Father was introducing me to would think the same.