15 | Awkward

N i c o l a s

--------------------------

I was shitting myself.

I'd never been one to get nervous, but as I was walking from my car to Simone's front door, the full realization of what I had just committed myself to for the next 2 weeks and possibly longer to get that painting back was starting to set in.

I never should've let Yun convince me to be nice to such a nightmare.

It would've been much easier to just hire a hitman or stage a house robbery.

Sure, both options were illegal, but they had a 100% success rate.

My current plan was relying too heavily on the fact that this stone-cold bitch had a heart — it seemed more and more every day that she didn't.

I didn't know what to get, especially with her stupid rule of 'nothing over 400'. That was practically 1/2 of an appetizer, how would I find a whole entree? Well, I managed to do that regardless, but it was already enough of a struggle so knowing I'd have to do that for the next 2 weeks hurt my head.

I'd never paid attention to the calorie count of things before, and it made me realize how calorie-dense a lot of good food was.

Simone's life must be really fucking miserable if she genuinely spent every moment processing and calculating and counting each number that was paired with food.

A part of me found it weird, it was a foreign concept to me. How could someone be scared of food? But another part of me found it heartbreaking instead.

I didn't dwell on the thought too much, but I couldn't help but feel sad thinking about how such a beautiful girl was ruining herself because she couldn't see that food and her body wasn't her enemy in life.

Beautiful in terms of societal, of course.

I myself had no attraction to her looks and even less of an attraction to her personality.