12 | Do You Feel Nothing?

TW: this chapter is a panic attack scene

S i m o n e

--------------------------

"So how was it?" Ryu asked, nudging the plate in front of me closer.

I didn't faint, per se. I just crumbled.

Literally, like dust. I just fell on the floor, though out of dread or sheer weakness, I didn't know. I couldn't feel my legs and my heart was racing and all I could smell taste and breathe was the smell of the food.

I kept chanting in my head as if the more I said it the more I could delude myself into thinking I didn't need the food in front of me.

Ella-Rose and Ryu freaked seeing how unresponsive I was. I could hear them but not process their words and everything was so far in the distance. I kept trying to reach and grasp reality but everything was just numbers and food and weight and fasting and I couldn't let myself have it.

I could hear Mother's voice in the same pitch as 4 years ago even though she was nowhere near. I could feel the vibrations of her words as she screamed at me for not eating the food from Café China.

That was a day before I was taken to the hospital and admitted.

We were celebrating a show Mira was hired to walk in and I was too crazed and focused on not breaking my fast 9 days into it to even touch my fork. Mother exploded, screaming and throwing the food at me, calling me every name under the book and saying I was ruining the special night for Mira.

Her reprimanding words flushed my mind and it was all I could hear, drowning out the voices of the people who were actually in the room.

Yun and Nico helped carry me into the dining room and sat me down. They gave me water I hadn't touched yet and Ryu asked me when I last ate and I hadn't answered her either and suddenly Ryu and Ella-Rose were in caretaker mode.