5.Who is he?

Rashid's POV

"I heard Raja Advik is coming here.Did you know about this already? How come I didn't heard anything about it? You guys always leave me out of the political matters. This is not fair. I am equally deserving to know everything that is happening in our Sultanate!" Came the voice of my annoying little brother Saad. He always had to know everything.

"I only came to know about it today too. Don't fuss around. I also don't know why he is coming." Although I do have a little idea why he is coming, it's better he doesn't hear about it just yet. He will start fussing for no reason.

My late father, Ahmed Khan, fixed my Rashid Ahmed Khan's marriage with Raja Advik Ratan Singh's one and only daughter Yaksha. Our political relationship with each other was declining and several war was about to be announced.They had no other option but to fix a marriage between us.

I only briefly heard about it when I was 10, when princess Yaksha was born. Just after promising my hand to the princess, my father died few days later. I was announced as a new sultan of our sultanate at the age of 10.

I was too busy learning about the sultanate and handling it. I was busy winning over empires and keeping my sultanate safe. As a young sultan people thought I was weak. So I should them how ruthless I can be. After all I had to make them change their mind.

So I changed it. So much that now they think I am fierce, ruthless. But they think true. I can and do anything to protect my people. To bring them peace,wealth and happiness. Fighting against several enemies has made me cold, almost hard to approach.

My father might have been a bad husband but he was a good father and ruler. He made sure I acknowledged the importance of our people,my people. I was so immense in that of this was long forgotten by me. But of course now that his daughter was of age he would come to talk about it. There's nothing I can do about it actually.

The marriage was fixed by my late father as political treaty. This marriage is inevitable. There's nothing I can do to stop the marriage. I am also 30 and it's high time this sultanate has its Sultana.

Princess Yaksha will be my one and only wife. I can't bear the headache of entertaining several women. I have seen my father having several begums, I saw how my mother spent lonely nights even days. How she had to share her husband with other women. I don't want my begum to go through the same thing.

This marriage might be a political one but she would still be my wife, my partner. And I wouldn't want to do anything to hurt her.

"Sultan, Raja Advik is here. He is waiting for you in the deewan-e-khas." An attendee announced. The time has come I guess.
"I will also come with you! Please?" said Saad.As if I said no he wouldn't.
"Come."

Raja Advik and his advisor were sitting together in the chamber.
"Assalamualaikum Raja ji"
"Khamma Ghani, How are you? I know you are really busy but how come you never visit us? I have come here today to invite you to our palace."

"Areh waah! Straight to the point? You don't waste any time, do you?"

"Aap bohut hi samajdar Sultan hain.Aab tak toh aap shamaj hi chuke honge hum kyun aaye hain.Kyun hain na?"

(You are a very intelligent Sultan.By now you must've understood why I have came here. Aren't I right?)

"Hum jaante hain aur hum inkaar bhi nehi kar rahe hain.Lekin aap abhi abhi aaye hain. Thoda aaram kijiye, humein bhi toh mehmaan nawaji ka mauka dijiye."

(I know and I am not declining but you have just came. Rest a bit and give me a chance to serve you)

We were talking about our kingdom and other stuff when suddenly an attendee interrupted us.

"Please forgive me sultan but the news is very urgent and all the way from Mewar. A informer just informed that Princess Yaksha is seriously injured and has fallen unconscious. The king is urgently needed in Mewar."

The king stood up abruptly and said he needed to leave immediately.Since I needed to go there as well so I offered to accompany him. He didn't denied the request and we left for Mewar.

-

It's been few days since I have came here. I heard the princess fell down the stairs and lost her memory. Since the incident happened there is no discussion about the marriage and I am here only wasting my time. I really didn't have much to do here.

A walk. I should take a walk.Getting out of my room I started walking by the garden. The Rajputs had a magnificent palace. The bright shining moon was enhancing the beauty of the palace even more. The moon looks so beautiful tonight.

Wait, what is that on the terrace ? Rather who is that? It looks like a girl. Is she trying to kill herself?!
I started running as fast as I could. I have to reach there before she takes any more step. As soon as I reached the terrace I pulled her towards me.

We both fell on the floor. Ugh, my back hurts. Her back was touching my face. She turned towards me to say something but she stopped. Her lips opened twice and closed both the times. MaShaAllah,She is beautiful! Her big doe golden brown eyes shining brightly in the lights. Red hues covering her cheeks and her bright pink lips. I don't think I have ever seen a girl so mesmerising.The moonlight was only increasing her beauty. Our lips so close that one more movement and they will touch. And I am so tempted to do that. Having her on top of me, being in this position, it was getting only harder to control anymore.

So I said, "Kya aap marna chahte hain?"

I think this is the longest chapter so far.This chapter provided a little background story of  Rashid and helps to understand the upcoming plot.And they finally met!!! So it starts!! Thank you for everyone who's voting and thank you for 300+ views!