10.His Fierce Wife

Rashid's POV

The wedding date has been fixed.

The day before I left for my sultanate Raja Advik discussed all the details of the wedding and the peace treaty with me.

Now that it is happening finally our kingdom isn't to rage a war upon Ratangarh upon any circumstances. We will protect them against any attack and they will do the same. Our soldiers will be on standby for them at any moment and so will be their soldiers.

Dacoits, thieves and human traffickers will be searched and punished by both kingdoms on a special mission on a month basis. There will be no illegal tax demands from either side.

And last but most importantly I will be married to Princess Yaksha.

The same princess Yaksha who is occupying my mind these days. Too much for my liking.

I sighed folding the scroll of agreement of the peace treaty and put it in the drawer of my wooden desk.

I should focus on my work. There are several pending cases and applications pending that I need to check. I was gone for 1 week and this wedding will keep me occupied so I really should be focused. Except I can't focus. For this little firecracker Yaksha.

I-I didn't expect her to be grown into such feisty and fiery also heavenly looking girl. The last time I saw her twenty years ago, the day she was born. So technically I shouldn't expect anything from her. But I thought she would be this quiet and calm doll-like princess. At least that's what my spy and everyone told me.

But she is anything but like that. Quite the contrary to what I have heard. She is a funny little thing. Immediately sassing around with a man she just met,holding her head high like the princess no queen she is.

Yes I put a spy in their palace. My situations, my suspecting nature forced me to do so. I had to know what I am getting myself into.

Maybe it's because no one has ever talked to me like that before. I was a born king. The first son of my father, the sultan. Naturally I was obeyed and equally adored by everyone I have ever came across. It was their natural reaction.

And later I became feared. No one wouldn't even talk to with even a slight eye contact. But Yaksha.. there was fire sparks coming from her eyes. She looked raged. Talked to me like no one has ever before.

And surprisingly or not surprisingly I didn't hate it. Actually I liked it. For some moments I didn't feel like I was Sultan or someone powerful. I just felt like a man..a normal man.. I felt like Rashid. And god knows how long I haven't felt something like this. It made my heart ligher.

I did see Yaksha checking me out though. My pretty little wife couldn't even hide that she was shamelessly staring at me . Savouring my every feature. It made my chest tighten up with an unknown feeling a bit knowing she didn't know who I was. So she was practically ogling at a stranger. What is this feeling even.

I have been thinking too much about her. I need to do something about it. Exercise! I should work out a bit. It always works.

Pushing my chair backwards I stood up to head towards the ground.

"Bhaijaan! Ye bhaala kaisa ravaiyaa hain? Jabse aap Ratangarh se waapis aaye hain humse ek bar bhi milne nehi aaye!Aab apki choti si behen ka aapki zindegi mein koyi ehmiyaat nehi rahi?"

(Brother! What kind of behaviour is this? Since you have returned from Ratangarh you haven't met me for once! You sister doesn't have any important in your life anymore?)

My little sister Aaliyah burst through the door and started talking without giving a break. She is my stepsister. My father's second wife's second child. Her elder brother might be a jerk who doesn't like us and keeps creating problems for us but she is sweetest person.I never treated her like a stepsister. My father marrying her mother isn't her fault so why take it out on her.