21.Dare If You Can

Rashid's POV

Two days. Two fucking days!

Two days of not talking, no eye contact,no dinner together. She won't even look at me. Just what did I do! I did exactly what she said to me, I didn't touch her. I fucking controlled myself even though all I wanted to do in that moment was slam my lips against her and give her everything I have to offer.

But I let her go. For her satisfaction,for my own sanity. Hasn't she been acting like a brat enough?

She even has the audacity to slip away from my arms every single morning. I am too used to have her in my arms every single day since we are married.
"Can you people not do one work properly? I need to stand here and guide you through every single work?" I threw the papers away in frustration.

Everything is messed up. So messed up.
Specially my brain and heart.

"I am sorry sultan. This won't happen again. I will redo all the paperwork." The head accountant said as he gathered all the papers from the ground.

"I am not here so that I correct your mistakes and do your work from the start. This is your responsibility. If you can't do it,let me know I have plenty of others to fill your position. I don't need any more mistakes. Am I clear?"

"Yes sultan." He nodded his head.
"You can go now. You have two days." He gulped a bit leaving as if two days weren't enough but he didn't question me any further. He couldn't.

I ran my palm in my face.
That's how it was.No one can question me. As much I hate the responsibilities of being a sultan, I love the power that comes with it equally.

"What has gotten into bhaijaan today? Did he and bhabijaan fight or something?" Saad whispered into Amir's ear.

"I heard that Saad." I glared at him.

"Good. I meant for you to hear it." His lips tugged upwards.
Ya Allah I hate this guy so much.

"I don't have the patience for your little stupid jokes today. Shut it before I loose my last few strings too." I said signing the petition that needed my approval.

There were awful lot of these today.

"But what happened? I mean you are always in a sour mood but you are specially grumpy today. Did bhabijaan beat your ass or something?"

He loves to push me and specially on my bad days.
"I don't know about your 'bhabijaan' but be sure I will beat your ass if you don't leave in the next few minutes. It looks like you have enough time to goof around. Should I increase your workload?"
"Always a grump." He muttered probably in annoyance and defeat.
Before Amir could even get the chance to investigate I showed him my palm, "Don't Amir."
He backed away in an understanding look and got indulged in his work.

I have been like this for the last two days. While I know it's no one's fault I involuntarily burst out on them. Because the one who is at fault won't even look at me.

I sigh loudly in frustration, gaining looks from both Amir and Saad.
Great.
I am not doing a good job keeping my emotions to myself. And now everyone in this palace who works with me and for me knows that I am in a bad mood.
Except that one person who should actually understand. My little begum.

She was supposed to be a transaction. A solid evidence for the peace treaty so it was unbreakable. A way for me to get a righteous heir for my throne. A queen that my sultanate needed to rule with me,to rule after me.

But all of that seems like past news. They don't seem valid enough now. She is more. More than a transaction,more than a peace treaty, more than a heir producer. She is my obsession. The only one obsession who is not mine yet even though she carries my name.