34.Gone In ₗₒᵥₑ

Rashid's POV

I didn't even notice when the sky changed it's color from blue to orange while resolving all the paperworks. I sighed as I leaned back on the chair resting my back on it,giving it a break.

Am I really growing old as begum says? I held back a chuckle.

"It's late. You guys should retire from work now. You both barely had your lunch." I said to both to the man in front me.

"You let it be bhaijaan! Do you see this dark circle under my eyes? It's all because of you! Who will marry me if they see these?" Saad left a dramatic sigh.

I closed my eyes trying to not get annoyed. Kid! He is just a kid. I tried to make myself understand.

"Nobody will marry you anyways because of the drama you do. You are a responsible man,behave like one. We all are doing it aren't we?"

"Hmm!" He pouted standing up from his chair.

"By the way what is that scratch mark on your neck?" He pretended to be worried hiding his smirk.

"You don't need to know." I glared at him.

"You are right. I don't. Because I already have an idea what it could be. Looks like I am going to be an uncle very soon. Please I want a niece please!"

"Yo-"

"I am retiring for the day. Please don't wake me up before noon tomorrow." He walked no ran towards the door.

What the hell? Did he just run away from me?He should've at least tidied up his own desk!

"You should take rest too Amir." I looked at him.

"Just one more thing to overlook and I am done. By the way the head lady of harem has sent the quotation today. I have overlooked it once but I think you should too. Looks like they are increasing this quotation up to their convince every month."

"Ah yes leave it on my desk,I will." He gave a nod before returning to his work.

It's true. Without proper guidance the ladies of the harem are doing as per their wishes. I don't know why mother was in such a hurry to hand over her duties as soon as I got married.

Normally the queen would take upon her responsibilities as soon as she is married but since begum had just occurred with two fresh disturbing incidents I didn't want to burden her as soon as she came. Not to mention the atmosphere was completely new here. But things will get out of hand if they aren't guided immediately.

I should hand over the duties to her now.

But first,there are some things needed to be done.

"I am going to go. Don't stay up too late and take rest okay?" I stood up.

"I won't. Don't worry."

I was about to leave the room but then,

"By the way I will be happy too if it's a girl." He smirked.

"You too?" I sighed and he just shrugged.

"Noted." I chuckled as I exited the room.

The thought of having a daughter,having a child,a family with begum filled my heart with contentment. The image blurred my vision as I thought what we would look as a family. The little one running around in the palace,receiving everyone's attention. I couldn't control the grin that formed on my lips.

I would like that.Very much. Daughter or son I don't care. They would be the heir to my throne nonetheless. My own blood. My legacy. My lineage.

Does she feel like this too? Does she get excited with the thought of carrying our children?