43.Lies

Yaksha's POV

Searching.

That's what I have been doing for the past two days. While the wedding preparations are going on full bloom,I have been looking for any and every kind of information I could get.

I can't say I am left empty handed but everything that I have received is not very helpful. I have been to every possible place Yaksha could be but there was no trace of any kind of diary.

I get it the diary was very discreet and personal but where in the world have you hid it Yaksha!

"Yakshu!"

I flinched from the sudden voice of Rajeshwari. Standing straight from my kneeling position I smiled at her.

"Yes?Why are you here! You are supposed to get ready!"

"So are you!"

There was a small ceremony held for Rajeshwari's well being and health married life.Since most of the close relatives have already arrived they decided to do this small gathering slash prayer.

I am supposed to get ready yes but I haven't been able to focus on any other thing than finding that diary. I don't know if that thing is going to be a curse or blessing for me but for now it's proving more to be the former.

I have forgotten to eat,to sleep,to enjoy time with my favorite people even the wedding.It's as if finding the diary is all I care about.

"Just give me an hour and I'll be ready."

"An hour?An hour?! The ceremony is about to start in few minutes,what hour are you talking about!"

"Few minutes?" I furrowed my brow in tension.

How did I lost the track of time so much that I couldn't even see what time it is!

"Meena!" I shouted.

"There's no Meena.Maa-sa called her to help her with few things."

I sighed in stress.

"Don't worry. I am here,aren't I? Let me help you." Rajeshwari smiled.

"Dulhan kaun hain? Hum ya tum?" I raised a brow.
(Who's the bride? You or me?)

"Doesn't matter. I am already ready so let me help you.Bring it in." She ordered.

I looked behind her to see some girls entering with large plates in their hands. The chamber was filled with the sound of anklets and bangles.

"What are these?" I asked with curiosity.

"I have brought your outfit for today. It's so beautiful Yaksha! I want you to wear it!"

"Outfit? I have lots already! Why did you bother?"

"I did no such thing.See!" She motioned to an attendee to lift up the cover of one of the plates.

The plate revealed a beautiful lavender lehenga with silver lining and embroidery.

"It's beautiful Rajeshwari." I continued staring at it.

"It is. And you will increase it's value by wearing it."

"I will definitely wear it.Thank you so much for these Rajeshwari!"