37.Farewell Gift

Yaksha's POV
(Mature Content Ahead)

"I am so sorry for handing over the duties right after taking them Aaliyah. But I couldn't trust the head lady anymore. You know how things were before I took over." I looked at Aaliyah with an apologetic eyes.

"What are you being so sorry for! It's completely okay! I understand your worry over trusting them. It's okay! You can trust me. It's your time to be excited not sorry!" She beamed.

"Excited?"

"Yes! It's your cousin sister's wedding! You should be happy and excited!"

"Uh-yes right."

No matter what I did, I couldn't jerk off this uncomfortable feeling in my chest. Maybe I am just being paranoid and nothing will happen. It is probably because I am leaving after staying here for such a straight long time.

"By the way you guys will join too right? You and Saad? When are you guys coming?"

"Yes! We will be there three days prior to the wedding. Don't worry too much about us! We will follow you right after. But I heard Bhaijaan isn't joining?"

My mood instantly became sour from the reminder that he won't come. He could've come just like Saad and Aaliyah,three days prior. Even that would've suffice. But no. He can't. And I won't see him for almost a month.

"Yes. He said the situation in here is too risky for him to be able to go now.Even for a week."

"Technically it's not a week bhabijaan you see.The journey itself will take six days total.Even I wish he could come. He is not going and letting someone else go to."

"Huh? Someone else? Who?"

"N-no one! I say anything and everything. Tell me how's your preparation going for the gifts? I believe you are making it lavish. After all it's the first time you are returning after your marriage. There shouldn't be any lacking from the Mughals!"

"Yes absolutely!" I chuckled. "I am preparing gifts very lavishly so that they know who I am married to after all!" I said playfully.

"Begum Sahiba,Shehzadi Bisma is here for an audience." An attendee voiced out.

Both me and Aaliyah looked at each other in confusion as I nodded at the attendee to let her come in.

She didn't visit me after that day.Hell I didn't even know she was still here!

"Assalamualaikum Begum Sahiba." She bowed slightly.

"Oh please! Don't call me that. It's too formal! Come sit here." I patted the sit beside me on the bed.

She smiled as she took a sit beside me.

"Why didn't you visit me again? I thought you left!"

"I am leaving today. That's why I came. To bid goodbye. And to also apologize." She looked down.

"Apologize?"

"Yes.Apologize. If I had even the slightest idea about the situation here I would've never taken you to that garden. I never knew you didn't even met them before. I am really sorry."

"Oh no! You really shouldn't be! It isn't even your fault! Why didn't you come all these days! We could've spent more time together."

"I didn't know how to face you after all that. No matter what you say a part of me will always be at fault for that."

"Just forget it okay? I already did so should you. I am also sorry I couldn't meet your parents and family." I squeezed her hand.

"Oh don't even be. With so much on your plate you shouldn't even bother. They are the person you should least worry about. Also they are kind of very similar to Badi chachijaan. I am glad you didn't."