Wedding

The wedding planning took some time, with Jake being on active duty and Nova's rotating schedule.

But it got done and the wedding was suddenly upon them. Jake, along with any other member of the military attending the wedding, would be in their dress uniforms. Nova gave Natasha the option to be in her dress uniform or in a bridesmaid dress, wanting her to make the choice. Either way, Nova was just glad to have Natasha by her side as she got married.

Javy was Jake's Best Man, with Bradley and Reuban (Payback) as groomsmen, along with his brother-in-laws. It came as a shock when Jake asked Bradley to be in his wedding party, but the two had come a long way since their early days of hating each other.

But it was Nova's wedding party that took the cake. Despite having quite a few close female friends, she made a decision some would think was weird but made perfect sense for her.

JJ was Nova's Man of Honor.

JJ was the closest person to Nova after Jake. Hell, Jake would argue that JJ was closer than anyone. It made all the sense in the world for JJ to be standing next to her on this occasion.

(JJ did in fact cry when Nova asked him to be her Man of Honor. Taylor got it on video.)

Along with JJ, her bridal party consisted of Taylor, Natasha, Amelia and Mary, her roommate from college. (They had to do some more age appropriate events since Amelia wasn't 21 yet. That didn't stop them from slipping her some sips here and there.)

Nova's dress was a two-in-one. She had a removable skirt, underneath which was pants as she had a dress/pant suit combo. (Nova wasn't gonna be uncomfortable at her own reception.)

The day was fast approaching but the couple was ready to tie the knot. It was many years in the making.

☽☆☾   ☽☆☾   ☽☆☾

The wedding of the century was finally here. Ok, maybe not the century but it was still a monumental moment.

Nova was getting ready at Sarah's house, the older woman having gladly volunteered to assist the party in their makeup. Taylor had a good friend that was a hair stylist who arrived to get the women ready. Phoenix assisted where needed, as she was in her dress uniform and hair in a regulation bun.

The bridesmaids wore a beautiful shade of blue, with JJ wearing a vest and tie the same shade. Up-dos were finished, make up was perfected and pictures were taken. In no time at all, the party was driving to the Hard Deck.

Jake and Nova had decided on a beach wedding, and choosing a beach that was special to them was easier than expected.

Of course they would use the area of the beach close to their family. They had met at the Hard Deck, reunited at the bar and spent a lot of time there with friends and family.

Jake was already at the archway altar, sitting just in front of the lapping waves. Javy was keeping him calm, as this was one of the only times he had seen Jake nervous.

Maverick was meeting Nova inside the bar, before they walked down to the beach. And the photographer was there to catch the first look moment between the father and daughter.

Pete Mitchell was not a man who cried often. But looking at his daughter in her wedding dress was something he had never prepared himself for.

“Oh honey. You look beautiful,” Maverick told his little girl, tears forming in his eyes. Nova hugged her father tightly.

“You can't cry. Because then I'll cry and my mascara might be waterproof, but it's not that strong.” The two laughed before hugging again.

Once they had reigned in their tears, Maverick offered his arm. “Ready to go sweetheart?”