07

As Karishma reached home after haseena and found Khala pacing anxiously in the hall, while Haseena was sitting nearby, dialing a number with a worried expression.

"Kia hua, Khala, ap itna parishan kiyun han.?" Karishma asked sensing the tension.

"Karishma, my daughter is in India, she got into an accident," Khala said in voice trembling with worry. "I need to go there right now, but there's some issue regarding flight."

"Don't worry, Khala. she will be okay. please ayiyay bathyay yahan." She made her sit on the couch and handed Khala a glass of water, hoping to offer some comfort in distressing situation.

Karishma couldn't help but notice Haseena's worriness. "Did you get something?" she asked, hoping for a response. But Haseena ignored her, and said to khala. "Khala, it's sorted. ak flight ha but ap ko jaldi krna ho ga."

"Yes, I just need to grab my things. I'll be right back," she said before headed towards her.

"Is she serious?" Karishma asked glancing at Haseena. Haseena shot her a stern look and retorted, "Can't you just stay silent for some time?" Karishma's face fell, and she looked away, feeling a pang of regret for asking her. Haseena, too, felt regret realizing the impact of her words after looking at her face but she brushed it off.

As Khala came out with her bag, Haseena quickly intervened, "Khala, ma ny cab ko Bula lia ha. Just wait for 2 minutes."

She nodded and then approached Karishma, "Karishma, will you do me a favor, please?"prompting Haseena to look on, uncertain of what Khala wanted to say and that too with karishma.

"Please say it ...."Karishma nodded eagerly.

"Please take care of Haseena," Khala said to which haseena quickly interjected. "khala what are......" and khala cut her in between and said, "she is so careless about herself. I will be worry about her."

"Don't worry, Khala. you take care of your daughter. I'll manage here," Karishma reassured Khala and looked towards haseena who divert her eyes with stern expression.

"khala cab is here....."  haseena said and both haseena and karishma came outside with khala to see her off. Just as Khala was about to get into the cab, she glanced back,  "Please take care haseena."  But Haseena hugged her her, saying, "Don't worry,"

After the cab disappear from their sight, Karishma glanced at Haseena, who had just entered the house. Karishma muttered to herself, "I will never talk to her again, never in my life," before storming inside. Meanwhile, Haseena was feeding and conversing with Sky, not bothering to look in Karishma's direction. Ignoring them, Karishma made her way upstairs.

"Oh, I thought she would come and trouble me again," Sky remarked to Haseena, to which Haseena responded with a "hmmm" and instructed Sky to eat.

As Sky continued eating, he grumbled, "She troubles me so much."

"Me too." Haseena nodded in agreement while patting him.

"When will she go back?" Sky asked.

"Don't know." Haseena responded with uncertainty while filling his pot with water.
.
.
.
.

Karishma was laying on her bed, her legs dangling over the edge, lost in her thoughts. "Why Haseena behaved so coldly with me.? she dislike me so much.?" She was lost when the sound of the wind chime caught her attention, she got up and approached the window, "why Haseena opened window at such a late hour, it's so cold." Yet, she brushed off the concern, telling herself, "Does it even matter to me?"

"No not at all." she mumered and went to her bed and lay down while switching the lights off. As she closed her eyes again, a thought crossed her mind, "Did she eat something or not?" Remembering Khala's request to take care of Haseena, she got up again and switch on the light. " Should I go to check on her." However, doubts crept in as she wondered, "what if she will again behave that way and got angry on me. but I said khala that I will manage here. let's see. and what will she do, will give me a angry look, or say something rude. that's it." with the thought that she can bear these things of her, she got up and headed towards the kitchen to grab some food for her and than headed towards downstairs.