16

After interaction with haseena, Karishma stepped into the cafe, greeted by the familiar hustle and bustle of people coming and going. among the chatter and clinking of cups, she made her way to the spot where uncle John was sitting.

"Hey, Karishma, good morning?" Uncle John saw and said with a warm smile.

"Good morning Uncle," Karishma replied, returning the smile.

"Come, sit down," Uncle John gestured to a nearby table, to which she agreed.

"Are you okay after yesterday's incident?" he inquired gently.

Karishma nodded reassuringly. "Yes, Uncle, hum bilkul theek han bas tora say upset tay ab theek ha sab."

Uncle John leaned in, "You know, Karishma, don't think that this happened only here in cafe, You'll find such people everywhere. the point is knowing how to deal with them."

"Karishma, life is full of challenges, and unfortunately, there will always be people who try to make you feel inferior, who will let you down, and who will question your competency. It's a harsh reality, but it's something we all have to deal with."

Karishma listened intently, absorbing his words.

"But," Uncle John added, "you have the power to choose how you respond to them. You can let their words and actions affect you, or you can rise above them."

He paused, letting his words sink in before continuing, "Karishma, did you see how Haseena handled things yesterday?" Uncle John asked. "She didn't disrespect him, but her tone and choice of words showed him exactly where she stood. It's not always about being loud or aggressive. Sometimes, just how you carry yourself and what you say can speak volumes."

Karishma nodded, understanding. "Yeah, I really admired how she handled it. She's so composed, even when things get tough."

Uncle John smiled. "Exactly. Remember, your demeanor says a lot about you, so choose your words and actions wisely.

Karishma nodded, understanding dawning on her face.

Karishma nodded, taking in his words. "Thank you, Uncle. hum samaj gye..... I'll keep that in mind next time."

He smiled. "Good. Now, how about a cup of  coffee to lift your spirit?"

"That sounds perfect." she said and gestured towards prince for coffee.

As Prince set down two steaming cups of coffee in front of them, Karishma couldn't help but noticed Uncle's gaze drifting towards the window. she followed his eyes and spotted a child playing joyfully outside, his laughter was echoing through the air.

"Kia ak personal question pouch sakty han ap say?" Unable to contain her curiosity, Karishma turned to Uncle.

"Of course, pocho," he replied with a reassuring smile.

"Do you have any children?"

"No, I don't," he answered quietly.

"Kia ap ki love marriage ti ya arrange marriage?" she hesitated before asking another question.

His lips curved into a wistful smile. "It was love....."

"Sorry to ask this but How did your wife die?" she asked, her voice trembling slightly due to hesitation.

He looked towards her. "People says I killed her," he said and let out a  laugh.

Karishma's eyes widened in shock, as she tried to process his words.

"But... ap ny kaha ap un say pyar krty han, love marriage ti na," she stammered, struggling to comprehend his words.

"Karishma, let me tell you a secret," he began, his voice filled with a bittersweet wisdom. "Love kills us anyway."