Chater 9

Rubys

So shiny~

Chara ran as fast as she could; the beautiful violet walls had disappeared again, and the cold, stony walls reappeared. She heard Mimi following her; with her long legs, she caught up quickly. "Mimimimi!!" Mimi's laughter echoed through the cold cellar walls. Mimi aimed one leg at her, but Chara rolled out of the way just in time. The brown-haired girl grabbed a stone and threw it at Mimi, but it bounced off her; her body shimmered briefly. Did she have a force field? How was Chara supposed to defeat Mimi now?

"Chara! Over here!" called a familiar female voice—Frisk. The dark-haired girl waved to her and then ran into a room with a white door. Chara quickly ran after her, pressing against the door once inside. Frisk immediately stood next to her. The room was brightly lit with white tiles and walls. There was a nicely polished sink and six gray stalls beside it.

"Where are we—" Chara was about to ask, but suddenly, Mimi slammed against the door. Each impact made the two girls sway, but they held firm.

"We need to do something! I can't hold on much longer!" Frisk exclaimed, sweat beads forming on her forehead. Chara was also starting to feel exhausted; when she dodged Mimi's attack, she had scraped her knee.

Suddenly, laughter echoed through the room, sounding like Merlee's. One of the stalls began to glow, and the door swung open. Out came... a toilet.

Chara had long given up hope when the water in the toilet bowl began to bubble, and an elegant lady emerged. "Here I am, Merlee!" the lady laughed.

"Finally, the right one..." Chara muttered to herself. The lady was a bit damp, and a fly buzzed around her.

"Mimi was too strong for me.

"So I came here, how disgusting!" rhymed Merlee. "I carried the Pure Heart away, concealed in a quiet place. Now you're here, oh what joy, and Mimi, she's going in the trash!"

"Oh! I don't think so," cackled Mimi behind the door, and with a mighty slam, she broke open the door and threw Frisk and Chara to the ground. "MIMIMI!" She immediately lunged at Merlee, but Merlee charged up a bright beam and shot it at Mimi. Violet smoke enveloped them both. As Chara slowly rose from the ground, the smoke dissipated, revealing two Merlees. Oh no...

"Hah, that's never me,

everyone knows you're Mimi!"

"What are you talking about, you fake? She's deceiving, it's a trick!"

"I am the real Merlee, oh my!"

"Wee, oh wee, I am the real Merlee!" rhymed the two Merlees angrily, while Frisk and Chara both stared speechless. Then both Merlees looked at them.

"It's useless to argue here, who the real one is,

let them decide!"

"So shall it be,

that you're the fake, we'll see..."

"Hihihih...

Oh, you know how to amuse...

However, you will lose!"

"Hihihi...

Just be quiet, you wretched piece,

I want my house back!"

"JUST GO!" both Merlees shouted at Frisk and Chara. They have to decide who the real Merlee is... But how? Both look so alike, but only one had the pure heart. No idea what happens if they choose the wrong one.