Chapter 10

The Fall

A plunge into the unknown

"I hope Frisk didn't run off with the heart," Chara muttered tiredly, finding it difficult to navigate due to her injured leg. Ink had to assist her to avoid stumbling.

"She wouldn't even know where to go. I have the map. But are you sure you want to go home? This world is in danger," explained Ink.

"Yeah, but it's not my world. Don't they have those 'almighty' beings? Why can't they save the world and leave us alone?"

"I want to go home too, but letting this world perish isn't great either." Chara just rolled her eyes; they were no heroes. She just wanted to go home.

As they finally left the villa, many people were outside. They wore white uniforms with red markings and carried spears and weapons. There was a large airship with them, similar to the ones the two pirates had, but much larger and more beautiful. It was made of white wood with golden markings, and a red dragon head was painted on the flag, resembling a crest.

"Over here!" called a woman, also dressed in the same pristine white uniform. Many medals were embroidered on her chest, and a red cape fluttered in the wind. She had short dark blue hair and dark eyes. She was slender, but one could tell she was well-trained. "Get on the ship immediately; we need to evacuate everything here," she continued, noticing the bewildered looks of the two. "Queen Kisara has ordered the evacuation of every villager to Babylon. A large hole emerged out of nowhere and has already swallowed a few villages. Get on the ship now!" she repeated more sternly and entered the villa with two other soldiers.

"There's Frisk over there!" Ink pointed out, seeing Frisk boarding the airship.

"Why can't she just wait for us..." Chara muttered irritably, and both followed her onto the airship.

Not long after, they reached the deck of the airship, where they found Frisk again.

"Stop running away, Frisk! We don't need any unnecessary troubles..." scolded Chara, out of breath from climbing stairs with her injured leg.

"I-I'm sorry!" Frisk began, looking as if she had seen a ghost. "But I need to know if my parents are okay!" She quickly ran to a soldier and asked him. Chara sat down exhausted on a crate, her wound pulsating. Ink told her that he was getting something to drink, leaving her alone. She wiped the sweat from her forehead and removed the bandage, which was smeared with blood and almost stuck to the wound. It could take a while for the wound to heal.

"Are you okay?" a gentle voice suddenly asked. Chara looked up and saw a woman, slightly broader with full cheeks, but her hair was long and beautiful. She wore a white dress with blue patterns, not a uniform but more like a robe, as if she were a priestess. "Let me heal your wound," she smiled gently. Chara nodded slightly, if it had to be. The woman knelt in front of her and raised her hands in front of the wound. Water formed around the wound, feeling pleasantly cool. She used magic.

"So... What's all this about?" Chara began, breaking the silence between them.

 "The airship belonged to the Kingdom of Babylon, led by Queen Kisara. We are now taking you to Babylon, where it's safer." Suddenly, a dark shadow briefly flew over them—was that a dragon? "We have four powerful dragons living with us. They assist people closer to the ravine who need help. So, your wound is healed." Chara looked at her leg, and the wound was gone.

"Oh, um, thanks," Chara said, surprised. The priestess smiled and walked away. Suddenly, the ship moved, lifting off the ground. They were flying to Babylon. It ascended higher and higher, allowing Chara to see everything below, making everything look so small. Then she spotted the hole. It wasn't large yet, but big enough for Chara to see. It was deep black, as if the world was slowly dissolving. The new revolution had begun.

Not long after, Frisk and Ink came back.

"They said that Sun Valley has already been evacuated, and my parents are in Babylon. I have to go there!" Frisk pleaded.

"You can go there, but we need to continue searching for the hearts," Chara explained.

"So you're just going to abandon us?!"

"It was never our plan to save the world! It's not our world!"

"After all this, you still want to go home!? This place is so beautiful, and there's so much to discover. I beg you, you can't just abandon me!" Tears welled up in her eyes, but her companions remained silent. The dark-haired girl looked at both of them with hurt in her eyes and walked away.

"What are we even doing here?" Ink began. "We need to save this world; there must be another way to get home. Maybe my magic will come back, and I—"

"Forget it," Chara interrupted, standing up from the crate. "This is the only way back, and I'm not going to wait around here any longer. That's our goal, and it will stay that way. If you don't want to, then stay here." The skeleton opened his mouth to say something, but suddenly the ship rocked violently. Chara had to hold onto something not to fall. Soldiers screamed in shock.

"A Kraken has us!" someone shouted.

"A Kraken? I thought they were deep under the sea."

"Ever since the Leviathans disappeared, they've been coming up," said a familiar voice, the blue-haired officer. "All civilians, secure yourselves inside the ship!" she ordered, but the next disaster happened immediately. A thick blue tentacle emerged from nowhere and crashed onto the deck. The entire ship was pulled downward. Chara lost the ground beneath her feet, but someone grabbed her hand, and everything turned black.

DarkerTale (crossover fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें