Her

"I felt something cool on my forehead. I slowly opened my eyes, taking time for them to adjust to the light. I was in a house, and it was pleasantly warm. The walls were made of stones, and the bed felt so soft. 'You're awake,' said a sweet voice. I looked at the person, and my breath caught for a moment. It was a girl with beautiful red hair. Her skin had a slight tan, but her blue eyes sparkled. 'Where... where am I?' I asked, confused, yet captivated by her beauty.

"In Meadow Haven. They found you unconscious. Do you feel any pain?" With every word she spoke, she enchanted me even more. I slowly sat up, my body feeling a bit numb. How did I get here?

"What's your name?" the sweet voice asked again, dabbing a cloth in a bowl of water. What's my name? I thought hard, but nothing... my mind was blank. I had no memories of myself or where I came from.

"I don't know," I mumbled in response, panic slowly rising within me.

"You don't know your name? Not even where you come from?" the stranger asked again. I shook my head in response, noticing scars on her hands, as if she had worked hard. "How about I give you a name until your memories come back?" she smiled. I liked the idea of getting a name from her. "How about... Damien?"

I liked the name, but curiosity grew within me. "What's your name?"

She looked at me briefly surprised but then smiled. "Danielle."