☆Slyvester's (pt.19)☆

(Carasein's pov)

"Maizie," I whispered. She'd fallen asleep next to me, even though I'd planned on moving.

It was fine, we didn't need to make it a big deal.

Although, I felt I could stay and watch her sleep forever. Watching how her chest rose and fell so gently, how her lips were perfectly parted, and-
Okay, that was creepy of me.

"Maizie." I gently shook her shoulder while sitting up.

Her body tossed to the side. "Hmph," she whimpered softly.
I laughed, "Okay, sleepyhead, stay in all day, then."

"No!" she weakly cried. But regardless, she still shoved herself under the covers. I smiled.

"Hey!" I felt for her shoulder and gave it a slight shake. "Come on."

She peeked over the blankets, her eyes looking quite awake for having recently woken up.

"Okay, doll, time to get up then."
"That's mean!"
"I know." I rolled my eyes and slid over her, to which she grunted.

"Don't make me pull you out of that bed, Maizie," I teased. Even though I would if I had to. Gently.

"Wahhh!"

I smiled as she begrudgingly began to sit up.

"Not so hard, see?"
"It was very hard!" Maizie grunted as she climbed out of bed and onto her feet.

I laughed. "Anyways. I was planning on just chilling today...So, would you like to join?"

"Oh, sure." She quickly nodded, still seeming very awake. "Can we walk around my town?"

I nodded, "Yeah, sure. It's a plan then."

Her eyes drifted down my body and she quickly pressed her hands to her cheeks.

What was she looking at?

I looked down at myself, at my waist.

Oh.

Kind of horny of her but I'd let it slide.

I pulled up my sweatpants. The band had sunken down and it gave a clear view of my lower stomach since my white t-shirt was cropped.

"O-oh, I'm so sorry!" she squealed while throwing her head to the side and putting her hands over her eyes. "M-my eyes do things I don't want them to!"

I snorted, "It's fine, cutie pie."

She scrambled before ultimately changing the subject. "C-can I pick out your outfit? It'll be super fun!"

I rolled my eyes, my smile remaining. "Sure."
Literally who would I be if I said no?

She ran to the dresser and opened the two drawers that my clothes occupied.

"Carasein?" she asked as she opened one. "D-do you live here?" Her wide doe eyes wandered back to me. They always seemed to. Studying my every move, my face and my hands.

Slowly, I nodded. Sometimes it was hard to accept that truth. But unfortunately, I'd rather slit my own throat than live back in pure ghoul territory. Than stay in those cottages.

"Yeah, I do."

"Oh..." Her hands faltered at my clothes. "I-I won't pry if you don't want me to..."

I smiled. And at my silence, she took it as an answer, looking away from me and continuing to look through my drawers. I appreciated that more than I'd put out.
Maizie pushed past some of my underwear without a thought behind her eyes. I guess that was just girl things, to put it flatly.