Chapter Eleven : The Rhinestone Slasher

JEN'S DINER

The next day, the news channel is on the TV. Yvonne's Mom, Mrs. Laney Gibbs, is sitting behind the anchor desk.

Laney Gibbs (TV) A dead body was found at The Nightlingriff Speakeasy Nightclub last night. A serial killer named The Rhinestone Slasher left a message written in blood, "Be afraid of me." Who is this Rhinestone Masked Slasher? And why have they come to our small town?"

I'm sitting at the diner counter with my usual breakfast; a plate of strawberry banana crepes and a drinking glass of orange juice

"This small town is never gonna be the same, isn't it?" Cassidy said.

"Not really no." I told her, taking a small swig of my orange juice. "Arrington isn't the same, Cassidy. There's always something lurking around in the dark corners."

"Yeah." Cassidy agreed. "I assume that the Special Agents are working on The Rhinestone Slasher?"

"Piper, Joanna and I are gonna be working with Sheriff Williams and Deputy Meredith." I said to Cassidy.

Cassidy small smiles at me. Which I become a bit confused.

"What?" I asked.

"You've matured into a young adult woman and a badass Special Agent." Cassidy said to me with a small smile.

"Yeah, I have, haven't I?" I said.

"Yeah, you have, Ang." Cassidy said.

Cassidy and I exchange small smiles at each other.

*~*~*

ANDERSON HOME

Later that day, I slowly walks inside Aiden's bedroom and sees him working out on a free-standing punching bag.

He's shirtless with his tattoos; a blue Viper head on his right side upper arm, and a diamond tattoo on his left side bare chest.

Plus, he's wearing knee-length sweat pants and a pair of boxer fingerless gloves. His dark brown shaggy hair is a bit sweaty due to him working out.

"Hey, Aidy." I greeted him.

Aiden glances at me with a small smile while he's working out on his free-standing punching bag. "Hey, Andy."

"Don't punch too hard, don't wanna ruin your knuckles." I said, gently leaning backwards against his computer desk.

"I won't." Aiden reassured me. "So, has there been any leads on The Rhinestone Slasher yet?"

"Not as of yet." I told him. "What Piper, Joanna and I know about The Rhinestone Slasher so far is that he's a male and that he's smart enough to not leave any fingerprints, so, that's why he wears gloves and can use any weapon to murder someone."

"Yeah, serial killers are smart enough to not leave any DNA." Aiden said as he stops his workout and looks at me. "But are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I reassured him with a small smile.