Chapter Twelve : Point Bleak

Angie (VO) How to solve an investigation case that involves a serial killer? You need a lead. Some questions. Who? What? When? Why? And how? Serial killers are the top topics. What drove them to do such a bad thing? The Rhinestone Slasher is a serial killer. But I think it's more to it. Like, there's something missing. A missing piece to a puzzle.

___  ꪑ ___

SPECIAL AGENT OPS FIELD
OFFICE

The next day, Agent Piper, Joanna and Me are looking at the investigation board, which has some information about The Rhinestone Slasher.

And so, what we have so far is some pictures of the surveillance footage of The Rhinestone Slasher himself from The Griffin Twins, Jayce's and Joyce's, The Nightlingriff Speakeasy Nightclub

Another dead body of a Jane Doe, who was stabbed in her stomach until she bled out to death, was found in the Woodland Woods by Sheriff Dave Williams and his daughter, Deputy Meredith.

"The Rhinestone Slasher can be anywhere in this small town." Agent Piper said.

"Or in a hideout." Agent Joanna suggested.

"Serial killers are smart enough to know that when they're being traced, they cover their tracks, so, that's why they wear gloves to not get a fingerprint." I said.

"The Rhinestone Slasher used a crowbar as a weapon to murder a male partygoer and then, he used a knife to stab a woman and left her body in the Woodland Woods." Piper said.

"This isn't adding up." Joanna said.

The telephone rings. Piper gets up and walks over to the telephone and answers it.

"Hello?" Piper said on the telephone.

"Hello, I want to talk to Agent Saunders.  I know she's there at the Special Agents Ops." A deep male voice  modulator told her on the telephone.

Piper looks at me. "Agent Saunders? There's someone on the telephone for you."

I gets up and walks over to Piper. She gently hands me the telephone.

I gently takes the telephone and answers it. "This is Agent Saunders. Who is this?"

"Hello, Agent Saunders. Do you know who this is?" The male phone caller asked.

"This is the Rhinestone Slasher." I answered.

"What a smart young lady you are. I want you to meet me at the Arrington Park. Come alone." The Rhinestone Slasher told me and hangs up the telephone.