Chapter 42: Love is Lust in Disguise

It threatened to destroy her. The idea of him dead...

She felt her cheeks flushing while the silent tears rolled down her cheeks. What she felt right now, it couldn't be love. It absolutely couldn't be. But she couldn't deny anymore that she cared for him. My, how a couple hours had changed things. She went from not wanting any attachments to crying-just thinking about him. She cared. A lo-

Just a tiny bit.

It wasn't possible to fall in love with someone without ever really touching them. But then an intrusive thought burrowed itself into her subconsciousness. Stella might not have physically touched him, but unbeknownst to her at the time; her soul had intertwined with his from their sacred moment in the bathroom.

If her soul was blue and his was green, then if they looked each other right now... Would they find it teaming with dioptase? Would they find a quarry within their hearts, shards of fierce emerald-blue minerals that shined only when they were together?

Or was this all in her head? Was she the one that changed colors and Ominis stayed resolute in his emerald-green soul?

Stella closed her eyes, feeling far too tired to stay awake, never mind sort through her feelings. It could have been minutes or hours, but when Stella was woken up by Tobbs, there was a warm bowl of soup in front of her. She typically kicked off her blankets in her sleep, but the blanket she'd been using was replaced by the white quilt from Ominis' bed.

The wizard was no where within eyesight nor was Eden, but Tobbs helped her eat since she felt out of it. The blanket was nice. It smelled like cedar and magnolias. It felt like she was wrapped in his embrace while her body fought off the cold.

With that imagine in mind, she snuggled the blanket closer to her face. Tobbs must have been the one to put the blanket on her, not anyone else.

Right?

Chapter 42: Love is Lust in Disguise

It must have been through sheer hatred of the Pepper-Up potion, but Stella found herself feeling better in the early hours of daybreak. She'd slept so much that she found it difficult to stay laying down any longer and decided to brew some tea. Ominis had ginger tea, but she spotted chamomile and decided on that instead.

Part of her wondered if the tea leaves were from downstairs. She yawned, hearing a door crack open. A sleepy looking Eden slithered through, greeting her on her fifth day of people in the past. She'd yet to go a day without almost dying or almost getting hurt, so what new life threatening activity would she be greeted with today?

'Good morning, Stella.' The snake greeted, beside her. 'Up early, aren't you?'

The witch nodded, "All that sleep helped. I feel better than last night. What about you? Sleep well?"

Eden hissed in annoyance. 'Maybe if my human had decided to go to sleep, I would have.'

What? "Ominis didn't go to bed?"

'Sat at his desk with a bottle of Blishen's Firewhisky and went through case files.' Eden reflected with a quiet sigh.

Stella frowned at that. She put away the chamomile, opting for ginger instead, and while that brewed, she put together a tray of crackers, cheese, and fruit. Specifically, blueberries, orange slices, and cut banana. Alcohol causes inflammation which blueberries would help with. As for the other two fruits, oranges were rich in vitamin c which should help to keep his glutathione levels stable and reduce his hangover if he had one. Bananas would keep him hydrated and replace his potassium stores.