Chapter 20: Long Talk

Me: I really wish I hadn't yelled at Happy, Lucy and Natsu...
Gray: why's that?
Me: Gray?! Oh well I kind of missed having them around...
Gray: well you have me now.
Juvia: Gray-sama! Are you another Love Rival?!
Me:*sigh* yup definitely miss Happy, Lucy and Natsu...

I was getting ready for another day to roam around the Order and do nothing of real importance when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in!" I called and it opened to reveal Lavi standing there. "Lavi! Welcome home!" I said smiling.

"Thanks, like I said before we left we need to have a long talk." I sat down on my bed and looked at him.

"And like I said I was looking forward to it." He sat down in a chair across from me and sighed.

"Can you promise me something?" I looked at him confused.

"What?"

"When you're out roaming around looking for new Accommodators, be careful and if something ever gets to the point where you know it won't end well run." I was shocked by the request.

"I promise, Lavi, but why are you bringing this up now?" He looked up at me.

"Because I don't know what I'd do if I lost you again..." I felt my face get red.

I don't know what I'd do if I lost you again...

"Lavi..." He got up and pulled me up as well. I wrapped my arms around his back and he did the same to me only one of his hands was behind my head, his head bowed over my shoulder as I looked up. "I won't leave you again, I'm so sorry." He squeezed me tighter.

"Seeing you as a Noah, not remembering any of your friends... I think that was worse than when you disappeared. You attacked your friends, you tried to kill them, but I know that wasn't your fault. You didn't remember us so you were only doing what you thought was right..." I felt tears stream down my face.

"I know what I did was horrible and I truly regret what I've done... I can never bring the people I've killed back to life so instead of dying I have to live the lives they never got to. I have to stand and fight for them too, because this war isn't just about the living Exorcists and Noah, it's about everyone whose given their life for this. Whether it be Bookmen, Exorcists, Noah, Akuma, I fight to protect them all from the Earl. I live to protect the world and people I cherish most..." He pulled away from me and looked at my tear stained face.

"Hey don't cry, it doesn't suit you." He wiped the tears away. I smiled shyly.

"I guess I've become pretty emotional when I think about the past. Before when I thought about my past I had hate and disgust for my family. Now I realize the only family I ever had in the world is dead..." I saw Lavi's face go white.

"Yeah..." He touched the top of my head. "I'm going to go get some rest now. But later can you meet me at the Sky Terrace?" I nodded brightly. It was my favorite place in the Order.

"Sleep tight." He smiled before leaving.

I wonder what he wants to talk about?