Chapter 31: Awakened Noah

*dramatic music* *cue evil laughter*

Lenalee's POV

Crystal was getting worse the more we continued on into Edo. She looked like someone poisoned her with something again. Her face was pale white, she was sweating and her eyes held nothing in them besides pain.

Every five minutes she begged Lavi to leave her, but he simply shook her request off. He was a good boyfriend, but I could see it was causing him pain to see her like this.

"Exorcists, can you hand over our sister?" A male voice said from nearby. I looked ahead and saw Tyki standing on the roof of the building at the end of the street.

"You'll have to pry her from my cold dead body." Lavi growled.

"That can be arranged." Tyki appeared in front of Lavi, I didn't even get the chance to call out his name as Crystal kicked Tyki away.

"Stay away from my friends!" He laughed.

"Crystal, it's been a while since I've seen you look so weak. The Noah transformation is quite painful, you've endured it all the way here. I think it's okay to scream now." I watched Crystal charge at him.

"Crystal don't!" I yelled but she just kicked Tyki again and again.

"Don't you dare start with your crap!" She yelled at him and jumped high into the sky.

"I was hoping you'd do that." She slammed down only he vanished into the ground. Crystal collapsed and started breathing heavy.

"Crystal!" I started running towards her, but my legs gave out.

"It's okay Lenalee..." She said and looked back at me. "I'm not going to forget any of you this time... I won't let myself forget you all again..." She had tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry... I wanted to stay with you all longer than this..." She stood up and screamed as her skin turned dark again, her eyes went to that gold all the Noah had and she smiled creepily.

"I missed having my body. Though it got pretty stiff with all the time off." She said stretching out her body. "Tyki, get your ass out here." He appeared next to her.

"My apologizes sister." She slapped his head and his top hat fell to the ground.

"What took you so long?! You've seen her how many times since she pushed me out?! I shouldn't have been locked away that long! At least for now her mind is locked off thanks to Road." Lavi helped me up and looked at Crystal.

"Crystal!" He called out and she smiled lightly.

"Lavi... hmmm I can see a lot of new memories in here." She pointed to her head. "So cute, if you're into that romantic crap. Personally I have no need for that kind of stuff." She jumped up on to the roof of the building behind her.

"He's waiting for you, Crystal." Tyki said looking at her, like she was eye candy.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say you were checking me out, Tyki. But I guess I should go see our Lord Millennium." She jumped into the air and vanished.

"Crystal!!!" I screamed after her.

"It's pointless my dear, she's gone." Tyki said smiling.

"Go to hell!" I yelled at him.

"Such language from a young lady, that should be punished." He sent his butterflies towards me. Lavi's hammer blocked them from touching me.

"Don't you dare lay a hand on her." I looked at his stiffened posture. What Crystal said before she left bothered him.

"Lavi, don't listen to what the Noah said! You know how she feels!" I said without thinking. He looked back at me and smiled.

"I know Lenalee, which is why I have one more reason to find her." I nodded with a smile.