Chapter 26: Ace of Spades

So it's been four months since Crystal has been home, how much do you believe it has changed?

As I walked into the Order for the first time in four months I could feel the atmosphere hadn't changed one bit.

"Welcome home, General. Who is this?" Kumoi said smiling at Luna.

"This is Luna Nightwalker, she's another Accommodator I found." I said and panted as I collapsed to the ground breathing heavily.

"Are you alright, Crystal?!" Luna asked concerned.

"Yeah, just used too much energy to get back here before Tyki caught up..." I muttered quietly.

"Crystal?!" I looked up to see Lenalee rushing towards me.

"Lenalee..." White specks were clouding my vision.

What's happening to me? I never took a hit from him? Did I?

"Crystal? Crystal?!" Lenalee's voice sounded so far away and I looked at her feeling sick.

"I think she was poisoned by something..." I shivered and felt like I was going to cough up my lungs.

"Crystal, stay with us we're going to get you to the nurse right now. Kumoi is letting Bookman know now." Lenalee said and I felt myself being lifted.

My head turned to see Kanda holding me tightly while running quickly through the hallways of the Order. Lenalee and Luna were with him even thought I could hear Kanda yelling at Luna to go away.

"No she saved my life! I won't leave her side until I know she's safe." I wanted to tell them that I was fine, but I couldn't even open my mouth to lie to them.

"Quickly lay her down on the bed!" I heard Bookman's voice the second Kanda ran into the infirmary.

I was set down and then Kanda was pushed away as Bookman tried to find the source of all of this.

"Crystal you foolish girl, how could you let yourself be poisoned?" I forced my lips into a smile.

My apologies Bookman...

"Lenalee, take Luna to get synced with her Innocence. Kanda I'd like you to make sure Allen and Lavi don't see Crystal like this. Luke and Jake as well it wouldn't be good for them." With that I heard them all leave.

I still don't know when I could have been poisoned. Except maybe when I kicked Tyki into the wall in the village...

He pulled up the leg of my pants and I gasped as he pressed my ankle.

"So your ankle was the thing that was poisoned. You must have gotten it after you kicked something." So I was right, after I kicked Tyki, he must have poisoned me with his hand or something.

I coughed harshly as he worked on getting the poison out of my body.

"The worst of it is over, now just rest my dear." Bookman said looking into my eyes. The white specks had vanished and my hearing was better.

"Thank you, Bookman..." I mustered that much before my body shut down and I fell asleep.

When I woke up I heard two people fighting outside or maybe it was three people.

"Beanspout! Rabbit! Go away!" Kanda yelled. I got up and was surprised that I didn't collapse.

"Let us go in, Bakanda!" Allen yelled.

"We heard Crystal was poisoned!" Lavi stated firmly.

Allen! Lavi! Kanda!

I rushed out the doors and hugged the closest person and that just so happened to be Kanda.

"I'm so glad I'm home!" He tried to push me off. "Don't push me away you idiot! And how has training with Luke and Jake been?" He looked away from me as I pulled away.

"They're improving I guess. That Luna girl though she really has guts to yell at me." I laughed. That's when Allen and Lavi pulled me into a hug.

"How are you feeling?" I smiled and looked at them both.

"Better, thanks to Bookman I'm perfectly fine." That's when I was tackled by two people. "Aahhhhh!" I screamed as I fell to the ground with two identical twins over me.

"Hey General!" I groaned and pushed them off of me.

"You know there's such a thing called personal space!" I said sternly.

"Sorry but we haven't seen you in two months." I sighed and sat up.

"Well it's good to see you two haven't changed a bit." Lenalee and Luna came running down the hall.

"When Luke and Jake took off screaming your name we thought you woke up. Looks like we were right." I smiled as Luna hugged me.

"Thank you for saving my life." She muttered and I touched her head.

"Don't worry about it. It's my job to make sure all new Exorcists get here alright." I stood up and brushed the dirt off of me.

I felt something in my pocket and what I pulled out made my blood go cold. An ace of spades card was what I had in my hand.

"Crystal what's that?" Luna asked pointing to the card.

"Tyki..." I dropped the card and backed away from it. "Light and dark are two sides of war, but for once I wish they could coexist without violence being the answer..." I said sighing. "If you'll all excuse me I need to go get some rest." I said walking down the hall and to my room.

"Crystal!" Lavi's voice came from behind me and for once I could feel happiness in my body again. I opened my door and walked to my bed as Lavi came in too.

He closed the door and locked it before grabbing me.

"Welcome home beautiful." I blushed brightly.

"I've missed hearing your voice, Lavi." He smiled and held me close.

"I've been without you for four months and what no kiss." I laughed and got up on to my tippy toes kissing him lightly on the lips.

"Happy lover boy?" He grinned and pulled me on to the bed. I laid my head on his chest.

"Tell me about what happened." I explained for hours what I saw, went through and did.

"That pretty much sums up how we got here." He stroked my hair lightly.

"Sounds exhausting get some rest. The old panda won't be expecting me today." I snuggled into his chest and fell asleep again.

I felt warm all over being in Lavi's loving arms again...