chapter 21: Liar liar

Alec kept on trying to make me talk to him throughout the first half of the school, while I was busy procrastinating about my death.

After the incident this morning it took me some time to calm myself. Alec stayed throughout, so we both missed our first class. He wanted me to stay home today, but I insisted to get out of that haunted house, so he finally complied.

We walked out from our history class and towads the cafeteria. We spotted our friends sitting at the far end of the hall all the girls smiling and giggling, while justin was rolling his at something Avery said. I took a deep breath and plastered a smile on my face and walked towards them, dragging out a chair beside Nina I sat down.

"Hey guys" I said.

"Hey, where were you the whole day?" Avery questioned.

Partying with a ghost!

"Actually, I woke up late so I missed the first class."

"Okay, So what are you planning to wear to the dance?" She said excited.

"What dance?" I said confused.

"You don't know? " Sapphire and Nina both said together.

I shook my head at them, trying to remember what dance they were talking about.

"Well, wake up sleeping beauty, we are talking about our high school dance which is next week." Avery said, giving me a weird look.

"Next week?" I asked suprised.

Everyone nodded.

Soon Alec joined us on the table and pushed a tray infront of me. I thanked him for that, I had no appetite but he had to make sure that I ate something. He was acting in a very weird manner, almost like my mother.

I picked up some fries and started chewing on it.

"Where have you been Alec?" Nina asked.

I looked at her then at him. He gulped down some coke then said,

"I had an early football practice today."

"Oh, okay. How was it?" She asked now smiling, satisfied with his lie.

"Fine." He replied.

"We're going dress shopping tomorrow, will you come Allison?" Sapphire asked.

"Sure, I need one too. " I smiled at her.

"Good, and Justin you're coming, no excuses please." Avery and Nina tried hard to hide their laughter.

"Sapph please! Besides I don't need a dress." He said with a pout.

Sapphire glared at him.

"Are you feeling better?" Alec asked me in a low voice.

I nodded slightly, then he pointed at the tray and said,

" Eat."

A smile came over lips, shaking my head at him I started eating my food.

"Alec will you go with us?" Nina asked him.

"Um. No, I don't think so.." He answered her.

" Yes, Dude come on. I don't think that I'll be able to get away from this. And if I have to go then, you're coming along.And you'll probably get bored on your own." Justin said glancing at sapphire who was busy glaring at him.

"No way man, I'll be good here by myself." Alec said

"You sure? There might be something to stare at.." Justin said with a smirk.