chapter 26: Trust

Double update..!!!!!

Enjoyyyy :*

*********

I picked up my pace when I heard him calling my name again

"Allison please, stop." He shouted.

Doesn't this person has any self respect left? I mean it has been so many days and he still couldn't understand that I'm purposely avoiding him?

"Allison!"

Uuurrghh.

"Just stop following me!" I snapped at him.

"NO!" He said anger filling his voice.

He held me from my elbow and flipped me around to face him.

"I'm not going to stop following you until you hear me and give me a reason of your ignorance. So tell me, what did I do? Because it's only me ans not the others. You're talking to each one of them." He said.

I waited for a few minutes looking at him thinking if he actually wants to know. I mean he should already know what he did.

"Are you done? Am I allowed to go now?" I asked him.

I didn't want to talk to him, whenever I see him cara's face flashes infront of my eyes.

He heaved a sigh and them gripping my wrist he started walking.

"Stop! What are you doing?" I said trying to pry my arm away. But he kept quiet and continued walking.

"Alec, leave me!" I shouted, earning some stares of the students who were put in the parking lot.

But Alec didn't even twitch. He continued walking until we reached upto his car. He released my arm to open the car door and then he instructed,

"Get in."

I narrowed my eyes at him and replied,

"I'm not going anywhere with you"
And then started to move away.

"You don't want to talk to me fine. You don't want to tell me the reason for ignoring me like that, fine. I won't force you to. But you have to listen to I want to tell you. "

He said immediately getting in my way.

"Get in."

I stared at him for a moment then said, "fine, you want to tell me something, go ahead. But I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Allison, please for once just listen to me and get inside the car. Your house is still on my way home, I will tell you what I want to and then drop you off, you were going to take a cab anyway."
He said, frustration visible on his face.

Grinding my teeth together, I opened the car door hastily and got in because I knew he wouldn't let me go before telling me whatever he wants to. He went around and took the wheel while putting the car to ignition.

As soon as we got out of the school campus he started talking.

"I've been trying to contact Martinez I couldn't The phone number you found was out of reach, but I did found something about the house. About the owners previous to Martinez." He said,turning around to get something from the seat pocket.

He handed the file and looked ahead on the road.

"What this?" I asked him.

"Open it," He replied.

Complying at his words I opened the file to find some papers and some news articles.

Mother poisons her daughter then stabs herself to death.

I read on one of the articles.
There was even a picture with one of the articles. Tthe face was unclear of both the girl's and the woman's dead body.

Shivers ran down my spine when reality hit me that it happened with the walls of the place I live in.

I gathered myself from my dreadful thoughts.

"Can I keep this?" I asked him hesitantly.

He glanced at me and then after a moment's silence he replied, "of course ."

I nodded my head it was an awkward situation, since about a minute ago I've been protesting about going with him and now here I was borrowing newspaper clippings from him.

But why is he even doing this?

"May I ask you a question?" He asked softly, not looking at me.

"Yes," I said. I mean NO I don't want you to ask anything but what other option did I have? Afterall he did bring me these information which I can't begin to think why.

"What did I do or didn't do?" He asked, this time looking right at me.

I let out the breath that I was holding. I don't know why I behave like this whenever he is around.

You let out the secret that I shared only with you!

I wanted to say it, but nothing came out of my mouth. My throat knotted inwards and tears welled up in my eyes.

No No NO!

Not again. Not infront of him. But just like always, tears clouded my vision slowly flowing down my cheeks.

I quickly wiped it away and anf let out a skaky breath.

"Allison?" He uttered in a soft voice, while parking the car infront of my house.

"I trusted you." I croaked.
I shook my head as if trying to tell myself about not crying if front of him. I started getting out of the car but he grabbed my arm restraining me to do so.

"What do you mean? What did I do Allison? Tell me!" He said, almost in anger.

"Why did you tell cara about all those things that I trusted you with? How could you?" I asked him, my voice breaking.

Tears brimmed within my eyes clouding my vision but not enough to keep me from seeing utter shock on his face. His eyes wide open and eventually narrowing while his eyebrows knitted together.

I stared at his chiselled features for a moment when he spoke, "But I didn't tell her anything. I don't even talk to her forget telling her about that! Did she say anything to you? "

"Alec please, there's no need for you to lie to me. You were the only person I ever told those things to! How can she know when you were the only person who knew about those paranormal activities or about my hallucinations as you said it to cara. I didn't even tell my mother about it! It was only you!" I snapped at him my voice levelled this time.

"But I didn't! I might not know about how she got to know about everything but I do know that I didn't say anything to her." He said angrily.

How can someone continue lying when they've been caught. How can he continuously deny the truth.

" Why are you even doing this, " I said pointing towards the file on my lap, completely ignoring him "What's the point of this, it's not like you've experienced those horrors or even believe it."

He forcibly breathed in and out his nostrils flaring angrily.

" You tell me. You tell me that what's the point of me going places to gather these pieces of paper for you when I'm quite happy narrating various ghost stories to people like cara? " He said, his voice getting heavier with each next word and his face reddening.

"Ask yourself Allison, did you even trust me?" He said, while smiling a half smile with his eyes glistening.

He twisted the car key and engine roared to life. He stared ahead not looking at me. I sat there tongue tied for few seconds them got out of the car, and as soon as I was out, he shut the door and sped away.

Vote.Comment.Share :)