chapter 5- Presence

I woke up to the sound of my alarm buzzing. 

I stood up and walked to the bathroom, rubbing my eyes.

I only slept for three hours. I brushed my teeth and went to take a shower.

After I was done I wrapped myself in a towel and walked up to my wardrobe. I pulled out a pair of blue jeans and a white tank top. I paired it up with a black jacket and converse. I got dressed and started to do my hair when my mom called me.

"I'll be down in a minute!" I replied.

I pulled my hair into a ponytail and put on some lip-gloss and mascara. After I was done I looked at myself in the mirror.

I was sure that I saw something moved behind me.

I spun around but everything was still. Nothing was out of place. I looked back in the mirror and blinked a few times, but nothing moved now.

Allison, you're just exhausted. You didn't sleep enough last night, it was your imagination. I told myself.

I grabbed my bag and went downstairs.

After breakfast mom dropped me off at school.

I stood in school's corridor when someone came and tapped me on my shoulders. I turned around to see Alec standing there smiling.

"Hey, Allison." he said.

Alec was one of Avery's friends whom I met yesterday. I was so nervous about fitting in a new place that I didn't really noticed how handsome he was. With his brown eyes and a perfectly carved face, he looked gorgeous. I instantly gathered myself from staring in his eyes.

Oh god I love those eyes.
What is wrong with me?

"Hi there." I said.

"So, how was your first day here?" He asked me.

"It was very good. Avery helped me a lot." I answered him.

Just then, the school bell rang and I looked into my time table for my class.

It was geography.

Damn. Why geography? 

As I looked up I caught Alec staring at me. He immediately looked away.

"What class do you have?" he asked me.

"Geography." I told him.

"Oh, so do I." he said.

We then headed to our classes together.

I hated geography, but sitting beside Alec made it up, so I didn't mind.  After that I had a few more classes but none was with Alec or Avery.

The lunch bell told me that half of the day was over.

I went to the canteen area to get some food. I took my lunch and started looking for a place to sit when I saw Avery waving at me and asking me to join them.

I smiled and went over to them. 

"Hey." I greeted.

"Hi!" Avery said and others joined her.

"I'm sorry we didn't have our class together for the first half!" She said.

"Oh, it's not like it was your choice. But anyway, Alec saved my in geography." I said.

Then I realized that Alec wasn't there. Where was he? Why do I even care?

"Really? Alec? Our Alec?" She said, amazed.

"Well, he's usually not that friendly." she said.

"What do you mean?"  I asked.

"Nothing. Forget it." She replied.

Then the bell rang and I didn't have time to ask Avery about what she meant. We all stood up and went to our designated classes.

The rest of the day was normal except for the fact that I couldn't stop wondering what Avery had meant by the comment. 

When I reached home I went to the bathroom to wash my face. I splashed some water on my face and looked in the mirror. I saw a shadow, or should I say two. One was my shadow and the other belonged to something unknown. I looked around, but the other shadow was gone. I again looked in the mirror, but found nothing.

I thought that I should talk to my mother about it, but then the thought of her getting worried for me came into mind and I dropped that idea.

Whatever this is, I'm going to fight it myself.

I dried my face in the towel and went back to my room.

I started completing my work that wasn't done yet. I finished my work at exactly 10pm. After that, I was really tired and I thought of listening to some music because music always calms me down. At around 11:15 pm my mother called me for dinner.

I opened my door and again that stinking odor burned my nose.

Ignoring it, I ran downstairs. When the smell of chicken hit me my stomach churned. I didn't realize I was so hungry.  My mom and I ate while we talked about movies.

After I was done I said good night to her and went upstairs to sleep.

That stinking smell was still there. I was so sleepy that I didn't even tried to look for what it was, I just brushed my teeth and switched the lights off, before going to bed.

As much as I am afraid of dark, I still can't sleep with the lights on.

-

I laid in my bed for about 5 minutes when I heard some noise near my window. I sat up but I couldn't see anything.

I moved out of my bed and flipped the light switch on. I went over to the window to see if there was a bird or something, but there was no sign of one. Not even an owl or a bat.

I started to go back to bed when I heard it again. I looked back but as usual, there was NOTHING.

I left it and started to move back to bed when I heard someone breathe. I could hear that heavy breathing.

I stood there frozen.

But I could now feel that someone breathing, whoever or whatever it was, I could feel that warm breath behind my ear.

Gathering all the courage I had, I spun around, but again saw nothing. I only saw the curtains waving because of the cool breeze.

I can swear that it wasn't the wind behind my ear.

My heart was pounding. I put one hand on my chest, and with the other I touched my ear. I took a few deep breaths and decided that I'd just pretend to sleep until it was morning.

Nothing unusual happened the rest of the night except the fact that I slept with the light on.

Author's note : Readers.. I really hope that you liked reading this chapter.
Please leave a comment about how it was for you. And please vote if you liked it..

Thanks for reading . :D