Chapter 19

Poseidon's point of view

Today is the day that until recently I never let myself dream would come. I am marrying Sally. When I met her I knew I had never met a woman like her before in my immortal life. Leaving her and Percy had been one of the hardest things I have ever done.

Even though I was thinking about all of this I was nervous to say the least. The music started and everyone started coming in. the bridesmaids were: Athena, Aphrodite, Piper McLean, Katie Gardener and surprisingly Calypso. The maid of Honour was Thalia Grace. All my brother's children looked a little uncomfortable in my domain but we made sure that no one would drown. I was dressed in a black suit with a white shirt and a sea green tie. Percy and my Groomsmen were dressed in similar attire.

Sally's Bridesmaids were in sea green one shoulder dresses that stopped just below their knees. They had white belts around their waists on the belts I could see pearls sparkling. When Percy was at my side he put his hand on my shoulder, and some of my nerves left me. I realized that Percy must have used some of his powers from Hestia to calm my nerves. He did it just in time too because The wedding march started playing and that's when I saw her.

Sally was in a long white gown that went down to her ankles, it was strapless and there was a sea green belt around her waist. I saw more pearls on her dress. A long train trailed behind her. Her hair was in a bun, and her vail was just thin enough that I could see her face through it. As I had hoped Aphrodite didn't go too overboard with the makeup, she just had on enough that it made her most beautiful features more obvious.

When she reached my side I said "You look gorgeous" "You look rather handsome yourself" she said in reply.

Hera spoke she said "Do you Poseidon take Sally Jackson to have and to hold, for the rest of your  immortal life?" "I do" I said without hesitation.

Hera Continued "and do you Sally Jackson Take this man, Poseidon, to have and to hold, for the rest of your immortal life?"

"I do" then Hera passed us our rings, I spoke

I said "I give you this ring as a visible and constant symbol of my Promise to love you and be with you for the rest of my immortal  life." And then I slipped the ring onto sally's finger. Then she repeated what I had said, and Slid my ring onto my finger.

Hera spoke again, she said "I now pronounce you Husband and wife; you may now kiss the bride." Sally and I kissed, there might have been some clapping and cheering but you couldn't really hear it for Aphrodite's squealing.

Percy's Point of view

After the ceremony the reception started. Unfortunately most of the guests were gods, demigods, nymphs and merpeople since mom didn't have any family besides me and even if she did they wouldn't have been able to come. Everyone moved from table to table talking to their family and friends. At one point I walked over to talk to Thalia, I sat down across from her since most of camp half-blood was here Artemis had brought her hunters as well and one of them glared at me when I sat by their lieutenant.

I said, "Thals Thanks for agreeing to be my mom's maid of honor."

 She said, "You're welcome kelp head," then she stopped midsentence and put a hand over her mouth. When I didn't say anything she asked, "Can I still call you that? I mean you're a god now."

 I replied, "Yes Thalia you are my cousin and I don't want you to treat me any differently because I'm a god. I'm not like some of the other gods who insist on people bowing down to them."

When I said that I glanced over at Zeus, Thalia smiled and said, "like I was saying before, just because I'm a hunter of Artemis, doesn't mean I won't do stuff like that. Your mom has been like a mom to me too, so there is no way I would say no."