4

*Chapter four*

---Alexanders last name is Pierce and Ethan's is Ezell, i may have not clarified that. I think of Ethan as Dan Howell and Alexander as Ian Somerhalder.---

-Ethan's POV

"Dinner."

My head looks away from the tv to meet Alexanders eyes.

"Your parents?" I ask.

"I told them you're spending the night.." he trails off as if there was more to it.

"Just the night?" I tease.

I really shouldn't be teasing him. I don't belong here.

"Listen here pet. Don't tease. Whatever I tell my parents is none of your business so stay out of it."

I nod quietly.

"Get dressed."

"Uhm.. I am." I look down at the clothes i had put on early this morning.

"Look in the  dresser. Pick out something more comfortable and..." he pauses. "Presentable for my family."

"Okay." I mumble.

Slowly I pick up my body, dragging my legs over to the drawer. A light layer of dust remains on the top of the black dresser, untouched for years.

Going through sets of clothing, I decide on a pair of dark blue joggers and a plain white shirt. I look over to find Alexander still watching me.

"Are you going to like... leave. So i can change?" I give him a questionable look.

His eyes slowly focus back, taking him out of his daydream. Alexander nods slowly and turns on his heel, walking out and shutting the door behind him.

I begin to take off my clothes as I think. He's very moody. He still has yet to hurt me. And his family thinks I'm just staying the night.

What happens when dinner is finished and they expect me to leave?

What if they find me in the spare bedroom eventually?

What if they somehow recognise me?

Stop with the what ifs Ethan. Its going to be okay. Alexander will take care of it. He already took care of tonight.

I pull down the white shirt from over my head and look at myself in the mirror on the dresser. Pleasing enough I suppose.

Stepping out of "my" room I look around.

"Shit." I mumble under my breath. I don't know how to get to the kitchen.

"Need some help?" A smaller voice says.

I jump slightly at the sound and turn slowly to look at a younger human.

"Who are you...?" I ask awkwardly.

"Im Astor." He smiles.

I look at his brown hair that slightly swoops to the left. His green eyes with a bit of hazel around his pupil that fades into the green. Astor is small. His slim body standing tall and proud before me.

"Im uhm Ethan."

"Oh, I know. Alexanders friend. Parents died in a horrible car accident so you need to stay with us while you figure out what to do since you have no family left." He smiles.

Is that the story Alexander came up with? Sure my brother is dead. But my mother and Jules are still living. Heck they're still in town. That is, if I'm still in the same town. My father on the other hand.. He's off and on. Comes home sometimes. Other times he's off doing whatever. My mom lost hope and unofficially declared herself a single mother.

Thinking about Jules and my mom makes me tear up a bit but I try to fight it.

"Im sorry! I shouldn't have said anything!" Astor looks extremely worried.

I shake my head and smile. "Im okay. Just thinking about the horrible accident makes me tear up sometimes."

He smiles and begins walking. I quietly follow behind him, looking around the overly large home.

"Im his nephew." He speaks up after a few seconds of silence.

"Well its nice to meet you." I smile.

Slowly we reach the modern dining room. It is able to seat 10, the white chairs all pushed in. A chandelier hanging above the centre. A mirror and some pictures on both sides of it hangs on one of the walls.

((Ignore background))

I gasp slightly.

"You're acting like you've never been in a modern home before?" Astor comments.

"His family preferred smaller homes."

I whip around to find Alexander leaning against the doorway, typical looking mysterious boy. His black hair wet, sticking to his forehead.

"You can stop staring." He looks at me slightly uncomfortable and disgusted.

"Sorry?" I look away and at Astor.

He smiles and walks away, slipping past Alexander and leaving the dining room.

"Dinner was supposed to be done a half an hour ago but I seemed to have burnt the casserole somehow." His mom comes in looking worried.

"Ill help you make a new one." Alexander smiles.

His mom smiles and goes back into the kitchen.

"Don't try to escape. It wont work."

"Alexander!" His mom calls.

"Coming." He yells back, slowly turning on his heel and leaving the room.

Well this should be fun...

---A/N Authors Note:
SHORT CHAPTER AGAIN BUT I WANTED TO SAVE DINNER FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. SO YEAH. AHA I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED---