14

*Chapter fourteen*

-Ethans POV-

I haul the last box up the two flights of stairs into my new apartment. Placing the box next to the rest on the floor, I sigh and place my hands on my hips.

Esme did end up being able to keep the furniture. And she decided to drive Alexander and I here and then leave, saying that Alexander can call an uber.

Thinking about Alexander, I turn looking for him.

"Alex?" I yell, clearly concerned.

"Your new bed is so comfortable!" He yells from up top.

I laugh a bit and go up the stairs to my room.

"How long have you been up here?" I ask, leaning against the wall.

"A solid ten minutes. It's so comfortable." He rolls on his stomach to be able to face me.

I just shake my head and smile. He's certainly been happier. He is no longer my mysterious, good looking keeper. He is my goofy, good looking friend.

"Do you want me to stay a couple more hours to help you set up your odd and end things and put away clothes?" He asks.

"I mean, if you'd like." I shrug.

He rolls off of the bed and stands up. "Tomorrow you should go shopping for food."

"I will." I nod.

"Order pizza while I turn on music and then we'll start?" He asks.

"Whats their number?" I ask.

"607-245-3001." He says and he goes downstairs to get his phone and speaker that he just insisted on bringing.

I dial the number and order a cheese pizza. Just as I finish, the music begins. I walk downstairs, to the boxes, smiling. We both start on one box and I slightly dance as I put things away while Alexander stares and laughs.

**Time Skip**

"Pizza is here." Alexander says.

I look at him in confusion. "The doorbell didn't ring."

"It did you just didn't hear it." He shrugs and walks to the door.

Because the music is too loud. But I keep that to myself and walk over to his phone, pausing the music. I plop down on the couch and wait for Alexander to come over with it.

"Can you go into the bag a brought and grab the laptop?" He asks as he sits down.

"You brought your laptop?" I ask.

"Your new laptop." He opens the pizza box.

"Why did you get me a laptop."

"Incase you need it, are you complaining?"

"No. I appreciate it a lot. But you and your family spends so much money on me. I feel bad that I cant repay you." I sigh.

"Ethan. I haven't had friends for a while. Your friendship is the repayment." He smiles slightly.

"That was so cheesy." I laugh.

He holds up a slice of cheese pizza. "Literally."

I shake my head as I smile and get up to find his backpack.

"I set it in the kitchen." He says.

I nod, trying to let him know I acknowledged what he said. I grab his bag and pull out the laptop. Walking back, I plop down next to him again.

"Pizza?" He asks with a large mouthful.

I roll my eyes and grab a slice with one hand as I work the laptop with the other.

"Netflix." Alexander says right after swallowing.

Opening chrome, I type in Netflix and browse through movies. As I take a bite of pizza I click the movie Dead Silence and it begins playing.

Alexander scoots closer, our legs touching. My face burns up. Even just the slightest touch of his makes me uneasy. Everything he does to me makes me uneasy. And not the uneasy where I'm uncomfortable. I am comfortable. It's just the fact that I am hella gay. And he is hella straight. He has no idea what he does to me. It bothers me.

I leave our bodies the way they are, the only issue is, Alexander is very relaxed where as I am very tense. Most of my muscles locked in place. I try to relax myself and sure, I manage to relax a little. But some parts still remain stiff with anticipation. The "what if"s run through my head a mile a minute.

"What if he kisses me again. What if he gets even closer. What if he leans on me. What if he lays on my lap. What if, what if, what if."

"Ethan?" Alexander is looking at me, a worry crease clearly showing in his forehead. He must have been trying to get my attention.

"Sorry, yeah?" I ask, shaking my head lightly to get rid of the thoughts.

"Nothing. You just weren't paying attention to the movie." He smiles lightly. His smile..

Alexander finishes his last slice and places the pizza box on the coffee table. He then puts his knees to his chest, moving slightly and turning to he is leaning on me. His head on my shoulder and his knees also at my chest. I put my right arm around him, showing him he is safe.

He may not need to be shown he's safe, but reassurance is always valued. And I may be small but I will try my best to protect him. He tries acting emotionless so he doesn't seem vulnerable. But when he calms down and gets sleepy, he's like a little kitten.

We sit here for a good ten minutes before I hear a small snore. Alexander has fallen asleep. The movie should be ending soon, my arm is asleep and I'm exhausted myself. I could end the movie now and continue it with him another day. I've already seen the movie.

I'm unsure if I should wake him up so he could move to my bed with me or if I should leave him on the couch. But, if I do recall correctly, he did say my bed is extremely comfortable.

I lightly wiggle his shoulder and whisper. "Alexander."

A small groan comes from his lips which makes me smile.

"Come on. Let's move to my bed. You'll be more comfortable."

He sleepily groans and uncurls from the position he was once in. He couldn't have been that far into sleep. So its good I woke him up now.

I turn off the laptop as he begins to drag his feet up the stairs. Meeting him up there, he begins to undress how he typically does for sleep. All I do is remove my shirt. The last thing I need is for Alexander to wake up and find both, him and I in just boxers.

I climb into bed and he follows suit. He slides over on the bed so that he's in the middle. Alexander puts his head on my chest and his right arm draped over my waist. I put my left arm around him and use my right to cover us up.

Obviously I wont complain about the fact that he's cuddling me. Or that he's in a cuddly mood. I look down at him. His lips, the very ones I once kissed, are parted slightly. Even cracked as if he's been biting them or licking them, like I do to my own. His hair is messy but in the "I woke up and ran my hands through my hair" way.

Pay attention to the little things, as if I'll never see him again. I notice the light path of freckles going across his nose. And the fact that his nose curves upwards slightly at the tip. His face is pale, excluding the freckles. His eyelashes are long. And his eyebrows are nearly the perfect shape, all on their own.

I decide I should sleep. I kiss his head and close my eyes. This was another very good day.

***A/N hihi yes. I was a little late on when I wanted to update but I came up with ideas and had to decide when I wanted them to happen so I had to erase and rewrite and add things. I've been playing around. But yeah. So, cuddly Alexander is super cute in my mind.
Xoxo Kat***