16

*Chapter Sixteen*

-Ethans POV-

As we sit in the car, alone, together my mind begins to wander while silence fills the air. What could possibly be at the park that would take too long for me to walk back home with groceries and then walk to the park. Sure the park is a few blocks but I've always loved walking. Mom couldn't afford a car for a while so we would walk often.

"Why did you have to leave so suddenly this morning?" I ask but keep my eyes focused out the window.

"Because what you did last night was wrong." Alexander keeps his voice monotone.

"How was it wrong. If I remember correctly you fell asleep on me and then I let you come to bed in which you cuddled me. So dont get all pissy just because I was a decent person." I growl slightly.

"Ethan. I know you're gay and all but I'm not."

My face heats up. I never admitted I was gay to him. How would he know. I only ever told mom and that guy at the store.

Alexander pulls the car into a parking lot across from the park. When he turns the car off, I unbuckle and open my door so I can get out.

"I didn't mean that as an insult." Alexander says, looking over before I can get out.

"You never do." I mumble, climbing out of the car.

After closing my door I face this new park. Colourful tubes and bars fill a small area with wood-chips with a few black benches surrounding the area. To the left of the park theres a set of picnic tables under a few trees. And to the right a trail begins with a sign.

The park is near the outskirts of this city. Too far to walk from home but too close to be willing to camp or rent a hotel room.

Alexander and I cross the road and head towards the playground.

"Alexander.. we're too old." I say as I look around.

As I look, I make eye contact with one particular little girl. Her brown curls  fall upon her chest. Her smile wide across her cheeks, with her pearly whites showing. And her chocolate brown eyes stare at me.

"Juliet." I whisper.

Juliet comes sprinting towards me and when she's close, I crouch down and hold open my arms. Her body collides with mine. We both hug each other tightly but I pick her up.

She leans back in my arms and looks at me.

"Who's this?" She says, gesturing to Alexander.

"My friend." I mumble.

"The one who called mommy?"

I look over at Alexander in confusion. He simply shrugs and walks away. Guessing he is most likely finding a bench to sit at.

"Where is mom?" I ask.

She points to another bench and finally I see my mom. Putting Jules down, I walk over. When our mother finally sees us she gets up and smiles.

We reach each other and hug tightly.

"I've missed you so much." She whispers.

"I've missed you too." I sigh.

We let go of each other and sit on the bench.

"Who is the guy who called me?" She asks while Juliet climbs into her lap.

"Alexander. The guy who 'bought' me."

"He seems friendly."

I simply shrug.

"You've been close to home this entire time.." She looks down.

I didn't even process that. I knew I recognised the city. Mom and Jules live in the town next to it. We would come to the city a few times a year.

"Do my friends miss me?" I ask quietly.

"They know what happened. They do miss you though." My mother pulls a tight smile.

I nod silently and look across from us, seeing Alexander just looking around.

~Alexanders POV~

"Im not gay." I scoff.

I don't know what I am at this point. I kissed him. We cuddled. I'm drawn to Ethan. But I like girls too. Is it just him or is it more guys? Am I gay?

I put my head on my hands and sigh. Life in general just seems to be So complicated. First I have to drink blood and my own.. best friend.. can't know. My family is a crazy mess. And now I might be gay.

Why do I have an issue with being gay? Do I even have an issue? I've never been homophobic or anything. Maybe I'm scared. I mean my dad would most likely disown me. But I could always move in with Ethan.

That would be suspicious. Me telling my father something important and then having to move in. Where would I keep my blood. I can't move in with Ethan. But we'll hang out tonight. And I will try hinting I might be gay.

I pick my head up and look to find Ethan but his family is already making their way over. His mother stops in front of me, a small girl in her arms, while Ethan hides behind her. They really do look similar.

"Hello." She smiles brightly.

"Hi." I smile a little, attempting to be kind.

"Thank you so much for calling me about Ethan. We haven't been separated this long." She turns to look at Ethan.

"Its not a problem Mrs. Ezell." I also look at Ethan.

He's looking at the ground, probably thinking. It's obvious he misses his family. He is only sixteen. Eleventh grade. He never even got to finish high school. I'll make a note to ask him if he would like a tutor or getting home schooled.

Focus, Alexander. Youre in the middle of a conversation.

"— he's always been my little boy." Mrs. Ezell finishes from her, probably, small rant.

I just smile.

"Im Juliet!" The little girl pipes in after realising now she can talk without interrupting.

"Im Alexander." I smile.

She giggles and blushes lightly. Which reminds me of Ethan and his blushes. How his cheeks suddenly get a rosy red after one small comment. And his eyes trail down to the ground, attempting to hide the fact that he's blushing. Its adorable.

"Should we go on the nature trail for a little while before we need to head hone?" She asks.

I nod and stand up, looking at Ethan again. And this time, he's looking at me.

**A/N im so sorry for another late update !! I honestly had writers block for a while. Id try typing some and then id stop because i was so unsure. Also its a little shorter than my previous chapters im really sorry guys**